Author Topic: Lots O' Pics of highpipe and other home-brew mods.  (Read 2745 times)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Lots O' Pics of highpipe and other home-brew mods.
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »
Here are some current pics of the bike,after some weekend tinkering and nice long Memorial Day ride.......

The highpipe made from an 06 ZX6R stock pipe.Follows the tail's angle well.

It tucks in real nice with just a little twist.

Barely visible from the front.

I ended up stealing the can from my FZR1000.It doesnt need the thing to make power,so I just slapped the stock pipe back on and saved the $350 bucks for another muffler.The 20" version is a little long for the B4,but it sure is quiet.

The Galfer rear wave rotor.Made for a GS500E,but bolts right up to the B4.The little open slots left in the wheel expose the wheel bearings,so seal off both sides.I wouldnt recommend this rotor in wet or dusty areas if you leave the bearings open inside,like stock.Dont mind the scratches and rusty bolts,thatll all go away when the GSXR400 swinger goes on.I broke the Goodridge rear line the other day too,be careful they are fragile at the crimp!A new chain and a few sprokets come next,so I can play with the gearing.

The relocated stock coolant resevior.

Im really love'in this bike.I got a LOT of interested lookers and compliments at the local bike hangout on Sunday.
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:56:31 PM »
Boy howdy that is a sharp looking pipe/mod.  Nice clean move on the coolant resivoir too ~ mines in the way of my new shock hose (remote resivoir), so I'm thinking that'll move soon.

I still don't like (visually) the USD forks on the B4.  It just adds too much visual weight to the front of the bike and it looks odd to my eye.  But you've got a sharp bike there.  Looking forward to seeing more of your mods.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:18:43 AM »
looks nice mate
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline del la sol

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:42:37 AM »
wow the pipe is awesome... is that the stock mid pipe from a 06 zx6r or something aftermarket?

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »
The stainless pipe is the stock midipe from a ZX6R with the undertail muffler.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEAFB%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290086402712&rd=1,1

The bends are perfect,I just had to cut about 6" off the bottom straight and a little off the top straight because I used a longer muffler than I had planned.You can also see in the 4th pic, where I ground off the mounts for the stock heatsheild.One weld at the bottom,and it slipped over the Yosh collector and I used the Kawi clamp.

Offline JmuRiz

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:58:17 PM »
Looks great, kinda blocks your right rear turn signal though (sorry just had to be a stick in the mud  :bigok: )
Nathan

'91 GSF 400
'90 FZR 400
'65 Ducati Falcon 80

Offline 92mx83

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 03:05:47 AM »
Hey, turbofb, how did you do the fender eliminator?
"Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 01:50:32 AM »
Hacksaw blade.

The stock fender is just cut away so its flush with the bodywork.The licence plate is fastened to the front splash sheild and I have a small tag light poking down from above to keep it all legal.