Author Topic: cylinder capacity  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Uncle.Jay

• TURBO TYPER!
cylinder capacity
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »

Hi guys,

I´ve readt in another forum that it would be possible to get the b4 up to
498ccm with the crankshaft of a gsx 400 f.

does anybody know something about and can tell me how to do it?

Jens

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: cylinder capacity
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:40:59 AM »
the crank is out there but finding the right one is the hard part it is in one of these gsx 400 gsxr 400 katana 400 impulse 400 rf400...some year old i believe
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »
and you'll need some good knowledge, expertise and lots of time and depending on your experience a bit of money or a lot of money!

search my B4/B5 project and read it  :trustme:
if you realy want to try, I have more then one crank with the bigger stroke...
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »
Hi U,Jay,
Dont think the 400f crank will work as i have a race pipe off of one and it will not fit the B4 as the header pipes are slightly closer together than the B4 pipes, i may be wrong but think the crank will be narrower, you will need to find the main journal spacings and compare, i have a B4 one so will measure it up for you as im interested to know myself.

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 07:06:10 PM »
read it: B4/B5 Project

Ofcourse in the meantime I haven't gotten any time whatsoever  :banghead:
And I'm in need of a flywheel puller before I can continue...
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
Had time to read your B4/5 log, i d'nt get to use my PC often so miss things, its most interesting and gets the brain ticking. My bro races lambrettas lol, they bore n stroke all the time and use thimble type spacers to take the small end pin size out to fit the bigger pistons, they do it as standard with no problems, so thats one way as you have mentioned to get round the 14/16mm piston problem, your primary/clutch gear is a problem that can be overcome with new gears etc hope you solve the prob, could the clutch off a B4 and a GSX be split and rerivited to make one?. But the big problem i see is that the cranks are flipped having the ends opposite, on a race bike you should be ok, but is yours for the road as how will you fit the signal generator and the gene flywheel, its possible to machine the long side down but how can you add it back to the otherside? I hope it is possible to do, keep the post going, i run 59mm already and have two other VVM motors as spare so will have a go myself if it is a possability. Ive always fancied an RF900 motor as the top end is quite narrow and ive already got the spare frame to chop!!!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »
You can go 465cc with a bore kit and sleeves biggest i can go with out a crank
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »
That plus Barts stroked crank would be a beast.
Im gonna get a crank and have alook, got a mate that runs a bike engineering shop, they can even start from a blank if you got the money.
Will try and track down a conrod (you got the width of the conrod at the big end Bart).
Ive seen a race generator off a FZR400 bdkracing ,they making me a tappered set of headers for the B4, that may fit on the end, thers no flywheel like the B4 just a rotor that runs within the coils.Spent years making mental race Lambrettas with my bro so love this sort of thing, he got aliquid cooled 270cc one uses Rotax and KTM MX parts!!
Bart, keep ths B5 info going. Cheers Chris.