Author Topic: Alternative NGK road/race spark plugs for Bandit 400.  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Nick V

• TURBO TYPER!
Alternative NGK road/race spark plugs for Bandit 400.
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »
Hi again, all...

Some information I dredged up... it comes from my time on the NGK.com website and was motivated by my need to find info for myself and fellow wrenchers over at i-BMW.com (I currently run a streetfightered K1200S).

NGK spark plugs for Bandit 400

Regular plugs:

CR8EK
Early-model (59 BHP) Bandit 400

CR9EK
Late-model restricted (50-53 BHP) Bandit 400

The only difference between these plugs is that the '9's are one heat-range colder.

NGK premium road plugs:

CR8EIX
Early-model (59 BHP) Bandit 400

CR9EIX
Late-model restricted (50-53 BHP) Bandit 400

Basically the same plug design as regular CR8Ek and CR9EK, except these have fine-wire (0.6mm) iridium-tipped centre electrode and tapered-cut ground electrode. They are substantially more expensive to buy - initially - but actually work out cheaper over the long run because their replacement interval can be up to three times longer. The fine centre electrode also gives a more powerful and reliable spark. I use a similar type - DCPR9EIX - in my BMW.

NGK racing plugs:

R0373A-
Available in heat ranges 9 and 10, Angled ground-strap electrode.

...and R0045Q-
Available in heat ranges 10 and 11, Semi-surface discharge type with no projecting earth electrode.

To quote NGK.com: These are hand-made Japanese racing plugs and can get quite costly.  :yikes:
...At least they're upfront about it.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: Alternative NGK road/race spark plugs for Bandit 400.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
if your broke cr8e
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol