Author Topic: Non-Stock items that can be used to fit 250/400  (Read 4104 times)

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
Non-Stock items that can be used to fit 250/400
« on: October 07, 2008, 03:24:13 AM »
Just thought to start off a new topic here to gather some information relates to parts from other bike or after-market parts can be sued on the 250/400 bandits.

Can anyone contribute in to show what kind of non-stock parts they have added to their 250/400 bandit ?
1990 GSF250 - Stock items with lots of parts need to cleaned and changed

Offline Mick77

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Non-Stock items that can be used to fit 250/400
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:28:01 PM »
Yeah, yeah, good idea.  I never know where to start either.. or what fits :roll: my wierdo bike.  How bout it guys?
Hey Bandit.. whaddya say we bury the hatchet....... in your Tank!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »
There are tons of posts here and in the FAQ about this stuff...  2G B12 shocks, many year/model GSXR shocks and forks, Katana forks, RGV and GSXR swingarms...  Subruban Machinery bars designed for the naked SV...  the list goes on.   
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
At this point my bike is pretty well frankensteined but the whole mess works ok.

A good number of them were garnered from ideas found here (so search as the need arises) or from looking at other bikes and adapting them for the little bike.

To say the aftermarket is poor for a bike available in the US for only 3 years is an understatement but if you're creative, anything's possible. Necessity is the mother of invention so we've all been quite creative.

Latest thing:

http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=T13301

Took a bit of fiddling but got them to work. To buy actual rearsets is $300 or so dollars (which I still want but hey, I'm not made of money!) This option was $70 and I'm able to ditch the folding pegs which I really don't like.

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:37:38 AM »
There are tons of posts here and in the FAQ about this stuff...  2G B12 shocks, many year/model GSXR shocks and forks, Katana forks, RGV and GSXR swingarms...  Subruban Machinery bars designed for the naked SV...  the list goes on.   

Thanks PitterB4. I sort of know there are various other posts mention bits and peaces here. Such as I remember seen a post there someone used the whole GSX front end set (Fork, lights and brakes) onto the B4.

I was thinking more "less" innovative things so it helps our 1st or 2nd Gen B250/B400 owners out there.... eventually, the boneyard will be out of wreck parts........ Really don't wnat see the day to hear the word "There can be only one !!!" and no parts to repair the good old working horse of mine B250
1990 GSF250 - Stock items with lots of parts need to cleaned and changed

Offline r_outsider

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »
There's actually a lot of parts that change up from other bikes to the wee Bandits. It takes some looking and a good parts person to deal with,  but you'd be surprised. For example, the regulator/rectifier from the 400 is the same as one from a modern day GS500, and one from a Honda CB400 will also work. We had to change the shifter link rod, of course one for a B4 couldn't be found, but it turns out that part also makes an appearance on several years of GSXR600s. I found another part (I think it was the petcock gasket) that changes up with a DRZ400!

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
Sorry to revive this old thread but the fuelcock gasket from a drz400 is the same??? Both gaskets? Cause I am in need of the one that goes between the spacer and the petcock and it isn't to be found.