Author Topic: Pingel Fuel Filter: don't mess around with others, just get one.  (Read 2138 times)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
So it's more expensive than the rest of them, BFD. It's the best one out there and it's worth it. It's the last one you'll buy and if you manage to budge the brass filter that's cleanable, a new one is $9 with the o-ring.

I've gone through several fuel filters to keep rust out of the carbs on the little bike due to the Kreem failing in my tank. I've used a large Ford style filter from Napa, an aircooled VW one and the one you find on the shelves at Pep Boys that uses the Purolator plastic refills. Eventually, all show their deficiencies and in most cases are not designed for a gravity fed system.

The VW one flowed the worst starving my bike at higher RPMS on the track. The Ford one was good but heat or fuel started to distort its body, it flowed well though. The clear filter worked well after the port job but I still found some silt in the bottom of the bowls, same as the Ford one.

I haven't taken down the carbs yet with the Pingel but I can tell you via the lung flowbench that it flows like there's nothing there. I know starvation is not going to be an issue. I just wished it was clear to see what was going on.

-Randy