Author Topic: Old vs New 250, from old board  (Read 4635 times)

Offline echomadman

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.echomadman.com
Old vs New 250, from old board
« on: March 13, 2005, 03:33:02 PM »
Quote from: "PeteSC"
Old vs New 250, from old board
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
for0005
(1/31/02 3:52 am)
Old VS New Bandit 250?

Does anyone know the difference between the old model Bandit 250 (GJ74A) and the new model Bandit 250 (GJ77A)? Any help would be very much appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anders9
(2/1/02 12:53 am)
Re: Old VS New Bandit 250?

One big diffence is that the older model uses the Suzuki Across motor, whereas the newer version has motor developed specifically for it. They also look slightly different, with the newer one having a more rounded tank (which I believe is also bigger). I am getting a 2000 model next week, but the earlier model seems to be pretty good from what I've heard.
for0005
(2/1/02 5:42 am)

What a coincidence! I just got my learner permit not long ago.
I am getting a Bandit 250 as well. However, I am not quite that I am getting a new model or not. I have to wait until they call me to take a look at the bike. I like the new model both the look and the V-Tec engine.

It will be my first bike. I am very excited!
Steven
(2/9/02 12:08 am)

The 2000 model is pretty good compared to any 250 out there at the moment. It produces the most power out of all street bikes. Mine makes 36 horse on wheel. It rides pretty well too, but it is unstable to turn in and under stears after that. But... I don't think there are any better street 250s out there.
(Of course u could go and buy an Aprlia 250 and that will really kick butt.)

Despite all this, I have to tell u that.... I am sick of the bandit already.. I want me a liter bike!!! Still got 5 months to go until my open class licence.
OzBandit
(2/9/02 8:49 am)
sick of the Bandit?

Steven are you really sick of the Bandit. I have been riding for 6 years now, all on 250's. Why, because they are cheap to run and great fun. I have had my Bandit for a year now and love it to death. I like to have a bike that isn't as common as every other bike too. It demands to be looked at on the road, which you probably already know if yours is as good lookin as mine.

Long live the Bandit!
Steven
(2/10/02 1:24 am)
Re: sick of the Bandit?

Humm... yeah kind of =P I know it is a great bike. But what I really wanted is a cruiser.. ie V Rod or the Kawa Meanstreak.

As I live in Aust, I have to get a 250 for a year before I can get a bigger bike, therefore.. yeah..

Mine Bandit is blue, looks pretty tight too.  
http://
1990 GSF250 Bandit (currently getting a gsxr400 engine transplant,
2000 SV650S