Author Topic: First ride of the season!  (Read 3469 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
First ride of the season!
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:37:33 PM »
Yippy. I took the old girl out for a spin today. Fired right up and was running pretty good. Needs a carb sync but that can wait for another day.

I didn't stay out too long. I felt like the eyes in the back of my head weren't working. I'm sure it'll all be back on track after a couple of rides.

Time to go crack the champaign!  To a safe and trouble free season!

:beers:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 12:10:36 AM »
Good to here Mike, you have had much nicer weather down there than us up there in Thunder Bay. Got mine fired up on Sat. though. didn't have time to go for a ride and it was only +3c out as well. Rain and snow today.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »
POO! SIKE :banana:  :congrats:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »
Quote from: "Thief400"
Good to here Mike, you have had much nicer weather down there than us up there in Thunder Bay. Got mine fired up on Sat. though. didn't have time to go for a ride and it was only +3c out as well. Rain and snow today.

I'm sure it'll be nice enough soon. It was 10c here on Sunday. There were a few nice days here in March. But I wanted to wait for the street sweeper before I went out. I just looked at the forcast and we're suposed to get snow on tuesday, but its suposed to go up to 16c on thursday. Crazy weather changes.
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline Nacho2059

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 01:16:13 AM »
What a beautiful spring day in Montana.  Temps were in the mid 50's to low 60's and damn was the riding nice.  Only got to do about 40 miles before I had to get to work but the little I did felt great.  I was also able to get the bike up to 120 for the first time.  Little scary, dont know if I will be doing that very often.  Oh well.. Happy riding to all that get the chance.
Mike
1991 Bandit 400
New Spark Plugs and things are on the up and up again.
Shes still for sale however.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 08:58:06 AM »
Yeah - I got out for my first real ride of the season on Sunday, too. Did about 150 miles or so.  Feels good, don't it???  My new pipe/jetting combo is making noticably more power.  I actually lofted the front a couple times accelerating over small humps that I've been over a hundred times before.   :grin:   I do have an electrical snafu where I'm burning up one of the bulbs in my new headlight set-up.  How's your twin beam/carbon screen set-up working, Mike?

:toofunny:

Rob's Fly Screen Has Changed Hands Yet Again.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:04 AM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
Feels good, don't it???

It was great riding again. But today I'm in pain. My riding muscles hadn't got a workout in a while.

Quote from: "PitterB4"
I do have an electrical snafu where I'm burning up one of the bulbs in my new headlight set-up.  How's your twin beam/carbon screen set-up working, Mike?

The screen's still sitting in my workshop. I didn't do much work to the bike this winter. Unless it was leaking or broken it didn't get changed.  I've picked out a set of lights but haven't ordered them yet.

I've had light bulb problems in the past. At the end of last season my low beams kept going out. But the filament wasn't actually going. It was corrosion in the socket holder. I ended replacing the socket because the old B4 socket was next to impossible to clean. Also check the resistance of the wires to the bulb that's going out.

You could also try a different brand of bulb. I've had problems with specific bulbs.
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
So I have to tell you that living in Los Angeles has been miserable for the last two weeks. We have had rain every other day. I have to throw on rain gear, what a pain in the ass it can be. this winter I only have been able to ride 98% of the time when I go out. Plus the temperature can drop down to a chilly 55 f. I feel your pain boys. But I guess that is the price I pay for living in Southern Cal. It's torture. :stickpoke: Oh wait........ I think the sun is out now after a morning of rain. I gotta go.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 03:05:50 PM »
Quote from: "400runner"
So I have to tell you that living in Los Angeles has been miserable for the last two weeks. We have had rain every other day. I have to throw on rain gear, what a pain in the ass it can be. this winter I only have been able to ride 98% of the time when I go out. Plus the temperature can drop down to a chilly 55 f. I feel your pain boys. But I guess that is the price I pay for living in Southern Cal. It's torture. :stickpoke: Oh wait........ I think the sun is out now after a morning of rain. I gotta go.
:crackattack:  :gatlin
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7