Author Topic: Tranny slippage?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
Tranny slippage?
« on: November 22, 2005, 03:33:08 PM »
I've been having problems lately once in second gear at 3/4 to full throttle it feels as if the chain is skipping a tooth.  It will do it a couple times until I let off the gas.  If I go easy it doesn't do it.  The chain has 1000 miles on it and I figured maybe it was just stretching.  I took it to the dealer and had them adjust it and now it's worse.  It only does it in second gear, do you think the prob is the tranny or the chain/sprockets?

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
Tranny slippage?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:20:43 PM »
It -could- be the tranny... if it is worn to the point that your seeing slipping, I'd expect to be seeing metallic flakes and debries in the oil. The transmission shares the same oil as the engine, so thats a good indicator of the overall health of the bike.

My tranny had a habit of leaping into neutral from second when under hard accelleration. I thought my transmission was toast, then I got the shop manual and adjusted the clutch the correct way (according to it). The problem stopped immediatly, it was dramatic.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
Tranny slippage?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
I might have to check that out.  It has slipped into neutral a few times also.  Scared the piss out of me when it did.

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey