Author Topic: Just some photos of my B4 arround my home town...  (Read 2604 times)

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Just some photos of my B4 arround my home town...
« on: June 19, 2006, 07:50:31 PM »
Since I've finally got the bike out and about (damn, am I through 2 tanks of fuel already?  sheesh), I figgured it was about time to take some 'beauty' shots of my little beast....

It kinda sucks that cameras just can't do mountains the justice they deserve....  Anyway, the above is my home town.  Situated in a valley just to the east of the Rockies and Continental Divide.  This is a similar shot from a slightly different location:

And running up directly towards the Wilderness area that covers the Continental Divide:

This is the Popo Agie (pronounced po-PO-jah), just after the Rise of the Sinks (Sinks Canyon state park, the river goes underground and vanishes into limestone, moves roughly 100 feet down the hill and reappears):

And then a different angle looking back towards Lander and the Rockies....

Anyway...  back to your reguarly scheduled topics..  ;)
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:52:10 PM »
Looks nice :grin: I bet you have more than just a few miles of nice roads there :bigok:

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:39:20 PM »
Nice pics. Just a little heads-up when shooting in bright sun guys, use your camera's flash. This is especially so with areas that have lots of black. It will put shadow detail in your images by reducing the high contrast that digital cameras have when shooting in "hot" lighting like bright sun. I've processed one of your shots in Photoshop to emulate what it would look like:

It helps to bring out some of the finer points of our beloved wheels.  :grin:

Offline sirdarkheart

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »
I want a red frame also.... I have a black paint scheme w/ a silver frame but those red black cascades look so much better. Nice roads over there  :motorsmile:

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »
Thanks....  as for the camera, I'm an idiot when it comes to photos.  I rarely turn it off "Auto" ~ I don't even know how to turn the flash on in bright situations, or off in darker ones (but where I have enough light).  It was very overcast here today though....

Unfortunatally, there aren't really any good rider roads out this direction (at least for a streetbike).  All the paved roads are engineered ~ one could probably ride most roads in the state at 100+ mph and never have an issue with making a corner.  Sad as I really got into riding while back east...  I was groomed on NoVA, WV, PA, OH, NC, SC, and N.GA twisties over about 9 years.  

And the frame's undergoing a color change sometime.  I don't mind the red, it's just the Condition of the paint.  It's in really bad shape with chips, scrapes and spots of rust.  So I'll have it stripped and powdercoated.  I'd like to do something kinda unique, but I'll have to bow to my wifes desires if she takes to liking this bike (I bought it mostly for her).
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 12:34:37 AM »
I haven't had much luck with automotive photography and flashes. Usually the flash just makes the reflectors flare. Maybe in my shots the sun wasn't bright enough.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 08:51:39 AM »
Very nice Brian.  Thanks for sharing.  That's a beautiful part of the country.  

If I end up keeping my B4, it will be getting fresh powder on the frame this winter.  I don't have any rust but all the chips just kill me.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7