Author Topic: plug 2 and 3 not as hot  (Read 2400 times)

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
plug 2 and 3 not as hot
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:17:49 AM »
I found my plug 3 is missing the rubber covering the top like the other plugs. Whats it called?

bikebandit
19 spark plug cover
17 seal

I dont know which one it is. Do i really need it? I know stuff can get in there without it but is it a need now asap?

plugs 2 and 3 not at hot as 1 and 4.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:49:52 PM by fireburster »

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: plug 2 and 3 not as hot
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
Check to make sure the spades on the coils are tight. Dielectric grease is your friend.

Those covers help to keep crap out of the spark plug wells. You could run without them sure but I just wouldn't want to deal with the consequences myself.

Also try your local dealer. You'd be surprised the crossover as far as parts go, they may have it and save you the trouble of mail-ordering it.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
yeah i got the bike going after figuring out the spade had come off on plug one to the coil.

Plug three doesnt seem like its working right. Also having the cable pull out of the boot when i was checking it cant bet good either. I screwed it back on but didnt get a chance to mess with it anymore.

Wish any of the motorcycle places here were open past 5. I can never make it there.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
I'd recommend to get a couple of lengths of plug wire and replace the old leads. You can even cheat and get a cheapo set of wires from your FLAPS, cut off the ends and use the wire.

If it pulled out of the boot, sometimes you can cheat and cut it shorter and re-screw it on but that fix doesn't usually last that long.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:55:08 AM »
how do i rewire one? I screwed it back on and it seems fine. I haven't checked for spark yet as it was dark and my wife was giving me the evil eye :) Im going to pull out the plugs and check for spark next chance i get.