Author Topic: Project Mushimura  (Read 3463 times)

Offline B4Ben

• New user!
Project Mushimura
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:16:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd add a link to my project build on another forum as it might help a few guys out.

http://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=53349.0

hopefully your able to see the pictures and get an idea of where im going with this one.

Give it about 2 weeks and I'll start having put back together  :thumb:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:26:13 PM by B4Ben »

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Project Mushimura
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »
Hi Ben

I've been following your project for a little while now, looking good

Cheers

Chris

Offline B4Ben

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:36 PM »
Hi Ben

I've been following your project for a little while now, looking good

Cheers

Chris

Cheers mate,  My current plan is to start building her back up and as a side project buy another sprocket carrier that I can mess around with (having it milled down etc)

From my calculations its 9mm to far over to the right, meaning you would only need to find 4.5mm to bring it to the centre.

My thoughts on this are to have the sprocket carrier milled down by 5mm. This would need doing on two places.

1) Outside face where the sprocket carrier meets the swingarm

2) The surface where the rear sprocket meets the carrier (This will keep the chain aligned)

Also to keep it looking neat I will use a sealed bearing instead of the open one that requires the rubber seal. Finally machine down the left hand spacer to the required size.

Make a right hand size one to take up the slack and hey presto!

I was going to refurb the brakes my self but there is a guy on ebay that will refuurb and paint for 60 quid a caliper and looking at his work he does a good job.

Offline El Gringo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »
Sounds good,

I haven't quite got to tackling the chain alignment issue yet, i'm still trying to fit the swingarm, although i suspect i'll end up using one of Dek/Uniques offset front sprockets

Keep up the good work

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »
When milling the rear sprocket hub; be aware of chain and tire clearance. What ever size tire and name brand you use for measurement; should be the same you buy for replacement.
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline B4Ben

• New user!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
When milling the rear sprocket hub; be aware of chain and tire clearance. What ever size tire and name brand you use for measurement; should be the same you buy for replacement.

Thanks for that, Ive sort of doing it arse about face as the bike is now running but just sat on axle stands at the rear untill ive got all the nessesary machining done to the swing arm and wheel. I know this is not the best way to do things but I had a change of mind half way through the build and also Im british and just love doing things the hard way  :clubme: