Author Topic: Rear Brake rotor compatibility for the B4...  (Read 2942 times)

Offline 400banditman

• TURBO TYPER!
Rear Brake rotor compatibility for the B4...
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:30 AM »
Hey guys. Thanks to the great help i got with my electrical problem, figured id see if lightening struck twice lol

So my rear brake rotor is warped...what EXACTLY interchanges with it thats more common/cheap? Yeah, found some on ebay..but there used...an still not cheap enough. Or generic...last time i bought a chinese o-ring chain it busted at the master link while riding...

BTW looked a little here already...tried EBC's deal...got lost then figured i'd just ask!

Also, when I hit @110-120mph, I get a wobble...a little scary, so i have to slow down :(
Any thoughts as to why? rear axle is aligned perfect...maybe cause the brake rotor?
maybe cause tire needs balancing...which brings me to another question: balancing beads...anybody use em? My uncle got em in his R1200GS tires an swears by em.

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Rear Brake rotor compatibility for the B4...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:03 AM »
If you want cheap you go with used or China, otherwise I don't have any suggestions. 

Standard GSF-400 gearing has top speed of 105 mph at redline.  To get to 110~120 you have different sprockets (which would hurt low speed acceleration) or you're running the RPM higher than normal. 

My B400 starts wobbling at about 103 mph but I rarely get it over 100 so no worry.  Many things can contribute to that but balance is not likely.  Check tire air pressures, tire type matching and good tread, rider position (weight forward), steering head bearings, etc.

Offline 400banditman

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »
Do you know what other bikes have the same disk? A more common, newer bike maybe?

An yeah my low speed acceleration sucks but I pushed close to 130 top end down a hill lol.

What could be a quick check of the steering head bearings?

Offline 400banditman

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
hey, took off my front sprocket and rear wheel, and took them to a suzuki dealer. 14T up front, 47T in back...still hit 127mph max on a strait away. maybe the stock rear is 46T? would that make that much of a difference?

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
Out of curiousity what is your front tire size?

Offline 400banditman

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
that, for now, i cant tell you cause i dont know off hand, and the bikes not with me...rear is 150/70B17 dunlop arrowmax gt501...matching front