Author Topic: Rear sets from another bike..?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Rear sets from another bike..?
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:48:10 PM »
I've seen this done before on older bikes where there simply are no rear sets available. I see there are some available for the B4, but they are quite pricey if you can get your hands on them. What i was thinking is; find another bike that uses a similar setup(most modern bikes) and use the rear sets offered for them from various companies. And then making an adaptor plate to use them on the B4. There are a whole bunch of holes one could use on the lower mounting point on the Bandit, and I'm sure one could fab it up pretty easy..what do you guys think? It could be just a package deal of two adapter plates, then use whichever set of controls fits better..The plates themselves could be adjustable with multiple holes for your choice of fitment, much like the brackets on the controls themselves. Anyone ever ventured down this road? If not, I'd definately like to hear some input from you folks before i give it a whirl.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge