Author Topic: Repair/Service manual  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Ares

• New user!
Repair/Service manual
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:58:21 PM »
Hello! I am interested in a bandit 400 being sold around here Houston Texas. There is a problem with it which seems like a carburetor/fuel problem. I am by no means close to a mechanic but I can follow directions very well.

I am looking for a repair/service manual for a bandit 400 or something similar. Where can I buy one?

If I do find a repair manual for the bandit, I might buy it. He is selling it for 900$. Paint and generally speaking, the bike looks great. I wouldnt know its a 91 if he didnt tell me. I will probably use the manual for quick fixes like oil change, filters (air and fuel if it has fuel filter) and maybe some easy carb jobs. The shop wants close to 300 for labor and God knows what parts are needed for it.

I already saw some of the carb d-i-y's here and looks a bit too complex without a manual.

Thanks.

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Repair/Service manual
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
Hi, Theres a manual in the downloads at the top of the page. Its a pdf so you can print off a page and then take that out to the bike.

Offline Ares

• New user!
Re: Repair/Service manual
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:14:13 PM »
I only found parts list pdf on the download area. There is a 90mb zipped download and that might be it. Ill dl it and see. Thanks.