Author Topic: slip on for the b250  (Read 2452 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Skuzzer

• New user!
slip on for the b250
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:58:41 AM »
Anyone know of any other slip on's for the Bandit 250?

There's a local group that make one, roo racing. An old board member made a post about these, but his email address no longer works (not surprising considering that was posted in '01), I was wondering if anyone else has one of these fitted and how it sounds?
Also if the retuning he recommends in that thread is necessary?

Offline SHEPPO

• Board Regular!
slip on for the b250
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:44:55 AM »
if you find a place in Aus to buy them, let me know!!

good luck.
Sheppo..

1990 Black Bandit 250 - stock (at the moment)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
slip on for the b250
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 03:53:58 AM »
You should be able to use any pipe that can be fitted onto your midpipe.  Alternatively, you can do what I did to my b4:

http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=8930.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:44:57 AM by stormi »
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Skuzzer

• New user!
slip on for the b250
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 07:10:04 AM »
Quote from: "SHEPPO"
if you find a place in Aus to buy them, let me know!!

Well I've had a bit of a look around and people say pipemasters in QLD will make them, as will roo racing in WA.

The roo racing can is $695, I haven't contacted pipemasters for a quote (they don't list any prices on the site). I imagine both would happily post/courier to you in VIC :)

I like what you've done with yours stormi, gives plenty of options if I just use anything that will fit, or nearly fit as the case may be.

I'm in no hurry to replace the exhaust atm, it sounds awesome as it is, has a few minor scratches and a little dent in it tho. I'll have to save for a couple of moths before I can afford to put anything new on the bike and get it retuned tho - I don't want to get a new exhaust and have it running rich/lean until I can afford the tuning.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
slip on for the b250
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »
Quote from: "Skuzzer"
Well I've had a bit of a look around and people say pipemasters in QLD will make them, as will roo racing in WA.

The roo racing can is $695, I haven't contacted pipemasters for a quote (they don't list any prices on the site). I imagine both would happily post/courier to you in VIC :)

Holy crap!! Look for a good slip on that someone's selling and repack it.   I did what I did to Dita for around $225 Cdn, and that included a trip to the muffler shop.

I like what you've done with yours stormi, gives plenty of options if I just use anything that will fit, or nearly fit as the case may be.

That's exactly why I did it.  If I need to change the pipe, the world is my oyster as far as choice now.  

I'm in no hurry to replace the exhaust atm, it sounds awesome as it is, has a few minor scratches and a little dent in it tho. I'll have to save for a couple of moths before I can afford to put anything new on the bike and get it retuned tho - I don't want to get a new exhaust and have it running rich/lean until I can afford the tuning.

Make sure you check the bottom and the rear of the pipe.  That's where mine went first.  

As for sound, Dita is -very- loud now, so you may want to research your pipe before you put one on too.   I may be able to lower her volume by repacking it though too.  The other half finally admitted she's loud the other day!  :shock:
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Skuzzer

• New user!
slip on for the b250
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 03:04:44 AM »
Quote from: "stormi"
Holy crap!! Look for a good slip on that someone's selling and repack it.   I did what I did to Dita for around $225 Cdn, and that included a trip to the muffler shop.

mmm but this is brand new, and carbon fibre :P (probably not worth the extra $ but if I decide to keep the bike for a while and have spare $ I'll go for it)

Make sure you check the bottom and the rear of the pipe.  That's where mine went first.

I'm gonna show my noobness here and ask how I'd go about doing that?

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
slip on for the b250
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 04:01:09 AM »
Quote from: "Skuzzer"

mmm but this is brand new, and carbon fibre :P (probably not worth the extra $ but if I decide to keep the bike for a while and have spare $ I'll go for it)

Personally, I think Carbon fibre is over-rated, especially cos most of it is fake.  :stickpoke:  You can get stainless for way less.

I'm gonna show my noobness here and ask how I'd go about doing that?

Best way to "see" the whole pipe is to do one of two things
1, Use a mirror
2, Feel with your hands for any bumps.  Bumps will more often than not represent the beginnings of rust and the beginning of the end for your relationship with your pipe.

You can see the rust on Dita here:
Click me
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390