Author Topic: rubber gasket for the rocker cover  (Read 1930 times)

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
rubber gasket for the rocker cover
« on: August 15, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »
hi folks,

my bandit is leaking oil from the top of the engine, im pretty sure the rubber gasket between the rocker cover and the rest of the engine is the culpret, so i need a new one...

any ideas where i can get a new one, i dont wanna get a used one off ebay i want to replace it with new....

im in the uk....

any ideas?

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »
Leaking or sweating? Many engines sweat a little at that spot, doesn't do any harm. You can probably fix it by removing the cover, cleaning the gasket and reinstalling it with some liquid sealant on the cam end caps.

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 03:57:38 PM »
its definatly a leak and is more noticable after i have gone for a spin, im also pretty sure its comming from under the rockercover. it may be that the gasket was badly seated and if thats the case it could very well have been deformed. im thinking along the lines of caution, dont wanna go for a long play and have the engine leak itself dry. fortunatly at the moment i tend to be doing shorter runs.....

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:18:02 PM »
I'd seal it up to with some clear or black rtv silicon happens all the time but if you really need a new one go to your local dealer and ask for 6 of these 09161-11006 and one of these11173-30b01
cheers
Jay
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol