Author Topic: Restricting  (Read 3154 times)

Offline gav152

• Board Regular!
Restricting
« on: September 11, 2006, 12:26:05 PM »
Hey

Does anybody know if b250's are able to be restricted? I heard off someone that it's not possible to do so, but i need a second opinion!

cheers, Gav

Offline flint666

• Board Homesteader!
Restricting
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:27:23 PM »
yep they can be restricted the same as any other bike,

now finding a kit to do it might be fun.

try bat motorcycles or another grey importers they sould know

Andy

Offline gav152

• Board Regular!
Restricting
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:10:01 PM »
Excellant, cheers mate!
I thought it sounded a bt daft, but then i'm no mechanic. Changing plugs is about as hard as it gets for me! :grin:

Offline gav152

• Board Regular!
Restricting
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »
I don't want to start a whole new thread for this, so i'll ask here.
What's the service intervals for your b250's? Reason for asking is i lost my service book awhile ago.

cheers, Gav

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Restricting
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:23:21 AM »
Don't know about service intervals (I just slapped new oil in every 2,500 and filter every 5,000. Regularly check chain for slackness/lubage, check oil/brake fluid/coolant levels, check tyres and brake lights)

As for the restrictor kit, a lot of mechanics do them but it will need to be ordered in. Expect to pay £150 for the kit and about £25 for fitting. It's probably not even worth it though

Offline gav152

• Board Regular!
Restricting
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 08:43:20 AM »
Cheers, yeh i was just going to put in new oil etc every couple thou anyway.
I'm thinking the same with the restrictor. I'm under 21 so by law the bike has to be restricted to 33bhp, but the b250 is barely over that anyway, plus the power to wieght ratio is pretty small.  Anyway, if the worst comes to the worst and i have to get it restricted, i know a guy who can print off a certificated for a few quid without even looking at your bike!  :grin:

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Restricting
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:08:10 PM »
That's the spirit! Tbh most policemen don't even know about the rule. The ones that do are most probably bikers themselves and are probably happy that you're riding bikes (unless you're 17 with a Hayabusa or something)

Mind you it's good to be on the safe side. My 33bhp limit ran up last month, I was so happy!