Author Topic: What series of needle jets fit  (Read 2552 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
What series of needle jets fit
« on: June 02, 2005, 07:40:40 PM »
My jet needles had some freaky wear on them so I ordered a set of replacement mikuni needles. Upon doing further research my needle jet also needs to be replaced. My question is: what series of Mikuni needle jets fits these carbs?

Should be somthing like Mikuni series (triple digit number) P-0... I don't want to order the wrong parts because they are rather expensive. If I had my bike I'd open the carbs up and look, but its STILL at the shop.

Has anyone replaced them and happen to know?
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 12:11:03 AM »
Assuming that you've got a Canadian model w/ 33mm carbs...  the manual says P-0.  I have no idea what it means but that's what it says!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 02:06:36 AM »
I believe when ordering the Mikuni replacement parts there is a tripple digit series number that comes before the P-O. P-O is the diameter of the needle jet. The series number the size and type of jet. I'll probably order them from Suzuki just to be safe. When I get them I'll see if I can decifer the series number and post it here. So next time I can order them from Mikuni dirrect.

WARNING: If you've had a dynojet kit for a while and your bike is running like crap in the low RPM range. Check for jet needle and needle jet wear. One of my jet needles was nearly worn through near the slide. No wonder I was having so many carb issues.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.