Author Topic: My B250's day out.  (Read 2349 times)

Offline gixxer

• Board Regular!
  • GSF250
My B250's day out.
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »
My 1990 B250 have lived a very quiet life.  It spent its first years in Tokyo where it can't have done many kilometers.  The 9th of march 1999 it was exported from Japan to Norway by it's owner, a company called Okei Co LTD.  A few years later the owner of the company died and the company went bankrupt.  The bike sat in storage for many years until one carpenter working on the premises found it at bought it from the remains.  As the bike never had been officially imported to Norway, and it's paperwork was very lacking, he eventually gave up on getting it registered here.  I traded it from him for an 1974 Kawasaki 350 Bighorn last winter, beeing a bit curious about the bike.  I have never heard about the Bandit 250, as it was not imported to Norway, and I believe my bike is the only one of the kind here.  When I got it the bike still had 13000 kilometres on it, so it's obvious it has not seen much use.  The condition of the bike also reveals this.  The bike feels very tight, becuase of the low milage.  But the years have not fared that well with it, as most of the aluminum was corroded and plastic/rubber was faded.
After alot work through beuraucratie and collecting the correct paperwork needed, I finally got the bike registered 2 months ago. That was a welcome victory and a price for many months of work :)
I have really not had the time to ride the bike much since that.  But at the small trips I have made I noticed that the bike is very entertaining to ride.
But one week ago I finally had the cance to take the B250 to the track.  Okay It's not a real racetrack, but a gocart track.  And it was raining, so I really had to take it easy.  We have a dyno at the gocart track, and I got the chance to Dyno the bike.  To say the least I was very corious about how healthy the engine was.  But the resoult overwelmed my wildest expectations. 35.4 hp, and the only mod was a Leowince slipon.  The bike runs a bit rich at the top, so if I change the mains, I will probably get even more.  :thumb:

Anyway, here are some pictures from my B250's first real day out  :grin:

Offline gixxer

• Board Regular!
  • GSF250
Re: My B250's day out.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »

I blame the heavy rain for the big hangout and the near vertical bike :roll:

Offline gixxer

• Board Regular!
  • GSF250
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »
For anyone interested in looking and hearing my bike hit the revlimiter when on the dyno, here is a clip  :grin:
http://www.bike.no/video/17000-omdreininger

I will try to scan the dyno printout tomorrow and post it here.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »
Cool story and pics, gix!  Congrats on the victory over bureaucracy!  That's a big ass puddle out there.  Hope she was wearing some good shoes through that at any kind of speed.   
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gixxer

• Board Regular!
  • GSF250
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 03:03:05 AM »
 :thanks:

The bike still runs on a set of Michelin Pilot Active, that I do not have alot of confidence in.  But they did an okay job in the wet.  The weather has been terrible here, but if it dries up soon I wil put on a set of Metzeler Drift to se how the bike likes to turn.  Okay I know the bike is not a racer,  but I'm still very curious how the bike handles.  It would be interesting to know what area on the bike is the first to give when the speed in the turns increases.  And I also think it would be educating for me to find those limits of the bike and maybe try to sort them out. That is why I'm running stock everything, except a Koni rear damper.  For instance I hear everyone complains about the stock front fork and single brake disc. But after an overhaul I think the unit performs quite well.  Maybe I will get a whole new opinion after kranking up the speed, but that is part of the education process ;)

If the rain continues I will try to dig into my pile of tires and see if I can find som wets in the right dimension.  It would be interesting to see how the bike performs on a set of those too  :grin:

Here is the dyno printout