Author Topic: Dragging exhaust!!  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Ban_bigman

• Board Regular!
Dragging exhaust!!
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:57:04 PM »
Hello again I was just wondering if any of you have had any problem with the ground clearance on your bandits?  I am about 300 pounds and when I go into a curve real deep I drag the exhaust pipe not a good feeling.  I have a full vance and hines kit on it (i think) I know that my forks are due to be redone and that my rear shock is there my friend let me ride his fz6 and I got peg but that was all he is much lighter and seems to have no trouble on mine.  He also said that the rear shock is adjustable I had no idea and was wondering if the original was.  I am also still looking for a right side peg set the whole thing so any info would be smiled at greatly.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Dragging exhaust!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 08:50:30 AM »
There were some people earlier this year complaining of this same thing.  One of them was millisi from Australia who then sold his Bandit.  In addition to making sure your suspension is in good order and set up correctly for you, raising the tail a little through a longer shock or shorter dogbones would help.  I only weigh 165 or so and also have a longer rear shock.  I have never scraped my exhaust or anything else and I'm edge to edge on my rear tire.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Dragging exhaust!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:43:26 PM »
Same here, exhaust on the right and the centerstand on the left :grin: I hope this won't happen with the GSXR shock. I weigh only 70 kilo's and my shocks are 100% :wink:

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Dragging exhaust!!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 05:59:36 AM »
I thought the placement of the exhaust was the same on the 400 and 250? Cause I had a pillion and winging it in and out of a roundabout I touched down both sides but I'm sure it was just the centrestand both times

Offline banditcilik

• Board Homesteader!
Dragging exhaust!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 03:59:39 AM »
Mee too. While maintaining my chicken strip I manage to drag the collector. I'm planning to shortened the dog bone.  :lol: