Author Topic: Suburban Machinery type 1 or type 2?  (Read 3021 times)

Offline phoenix

• TURBO TYPER!
Suburban Machinery type 1 or type 2?
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »
Hey guys,
Did a search on SM's SV650 bars but not sure which ones to buy.  I used to have a set on my old B4 but had to switch to clip-ons on my second bike.  I don't remember if I had the type 1 or type 2 bars.  I'm kind of tired of the clip-on positioning and am about to pull the trigger on a bar type triple clamp and a new set of SM bars.

What is your preference?  Type 1 or Type 2?  How do each compare with the original clip-on position?

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Suburban Machinery type 1 or type 2?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:19:36 PM »
Type ones are the closest to the SVS clip-ons. The SV has lower clip ons (pretty much just a scosh above the triple) in comparison to the B4.

Type twos are the closest to the Bandit clip-ons. They're essentially flat with no offset so to drop the ends of the bars, you tilt them in the clamps. They'll be level with the risers.

I prefer the type ones myself but it is a more committed position. Your controls are also a bit more tight because the SV has taller risers than the B4. You can't run your fork tubes up above the edge of the caps without the bars being tilted way too far down.

HTH.

-Randy