Author Topic: Suggestions For Selling my B400  (Read 6235 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Suggestions For Selling my B400
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »
Good idea, Killer.  Too bad you can't change the rating, though.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
true
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 08:23:31 PM »
That's true Rob, it would be nice if you could change the rating.  At least voicing one's displeasure may save someone else from a bad experience.  I usually browse a persons feedback before bidding on an item, even if they have 100% positive showing.  Maybe eBay will change that feature some day.

Offline mddolloff

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 01:06:44 AM »
By the way I am going to sell my bike.  I'm asking $750.  Needs to have the carb rebuilt.  Everything else works fine (well it needs a new battery).  I'm asking for $750.

Offline hickman71

• New user!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 01:26:35 PM »
You mentioned in another thread that it doesn't have a current TX title. Do you have a title for the cycle from another state, whether or not currently registered with up to date tags? I may be interested but have to some sort of title to register it in OK. A bill of sale won't work for OK.
'07 650R
'05 EX250 (my go-cart)  •  '03 EX250
'06 Vulcan 900 Classic
'05 Vulcan 1600 Classic
'92 Suzuki Bandit GSF400

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 09:43:04 PM »
Thats why Im glad I got my B4 from a bike company.I was also leary about spending big bucks over Ebay,but when its from a bike dealer,with a shop and showroom,its a little more comforting than dealing with an individual.

I paid $1900 and it needed tires,forkseals and shipping was rough,$500 from New Hampshire to California.But it is a very clean little,15K mile old 1991.I was also drawn to it because the bike was nearly stock and appears to have never been dropped or riden to its potential.....900 miles a year,he probably only rode it a few months each summer,whereas I ride several times a week,year round.
If you hit the mid three thousand buck range in the end,and its running perfectly and ready to ride,your not doing tooo bad.Sure,someone else will always have got a killer deal over yours,but at least you dont owe 15,000 bucks to the bank for a new bike you wont actually own until its almost worn out!
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 12:31:48 PM »
The BEST suggestion anyone can make is when you have someone Seriously interested in the bike (such as a friend of mine is), FVKING REPLY TO THEM.  Don't be a huge flake and not reply to simple email requests for information, GIVE OUT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION....

Based on what I've heard, your bike is one to be absolutly Avoided based on how YOU are handling the situation.  Someone who can't even follow through with basic email communication obviously can not be trusted to be telling the truth about the condition of the bike.  

To all people who might be interested in This bike, I'd have to say that you're better off avoiding the seller and bike.  It's going to be nothing but a huge time sink, and lots of frustration (assuridly AFTER getting the bike too as it's not going to be in any kind of rideable/reliable condition).
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400