Author Topic: Installing Racetech springs and gold valves............Can I do it?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline smack doogle

• Bike Whore
  • Board Regular!
Hello!  I'm a new guy here.  I'll be buying SkiBum's Bandit 400 soon and need some info.  I'll be installing some racetech springs and gold valves and want to know if this is a job I can successfully tackle or should I send the forks and springs to a local pro?  I always do my own maintenance from oil and filters to check/adjusting valves in former bikes but I've never messed with forks.  Yes I've adjusted suspension but nothing more than that. 

My local pro owns the GMD Computrack (google it, they know there stuff) and has shops in South Carolina, NY and here in Boston.  I know if I bring it in they'll do it right and set the suspension up to my wieght. 

Suggestions? 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:04:06 PM by smack doogle »

Offline crashoverrideplik

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Installing Racetech springs and gold valves............Can I do it?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »
If you can adjust valves, you can do your forks. With that being said, the only real pain in the ass about a gold valve is sometimes you have to take the forks apart a few times for correct spacer length for pre-load. Where as a pro would put it together in one sitting, but charge you money. I usually spend the $$ to have a pro do it because my time is worth more to me.