Author Topic: Thanks Bandit Alley...  (Read 2750 times)

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
Thanks Bandit Alley...
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »
I came on this forum about a year and a half ago when I bought my '92 B4, and asked a whole bunch of questions about starting issues , running issues and choke issues etc...  I got responses back from good sources and a lot of the info I got from you guys was great.  This year I decided to get a new battery and have my starter rebuilt.  Well wouldn't you know that the damn starter had a dislodged magnet, radically reducing its power and rpm.  Before I would drain battery after battery trying to start the bike and always thinking it was one issue, then another, then another (mostly fuel issues).  Now the bike starts like it should, choke operates like it should, and idles like it should.  The only downside to this discovery is destroying a less than 6 month old battery, from draining it down so low so many times.  Oh well, moving onward and outward. 

If I have any more questions about my bike in the future i'll be sure to post them.  Without your guys' help, my bike would be in a lot worse running condition, and I thank you for your input.

P.S.  I'm still happy to have seen the light at the end of the tunnel with this bike.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Thanks Bandit Alley...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »
I've killed more then my fair share of batteries. For peace of mind I'd test your R/R to make sure it's working properly.

http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=5831.0
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Thanks Bandit Alley...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »
Yeah the R/R was tested and replaced new a few months ago.  Did the mod to get 14.6V at idle too! :thumb: