Author Topic: that damned brain (i think) again  (Read 2369 times)

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
that damned brain (i think) again
« on: December 04, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
lo folks...

my  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: bandit has another problem.

this time its not sparking either because of a dead brain, or maybe some wiring to it...

infuriating to say the liest

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 05:17:37 PM »
no spark no cyclinders? these seem to have a problem with the pick up wires coming un frayed at the cover then grounding out on the cover may want to check that , power to the coils?
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:42:03 AM »
power to the coils just no spark..

i tell ya my mate and i are well sick of working on this damned bike, its swallowed more of my life in spanner time than in riding time and quite frankly i am sick of it!

this is where it  :stop: the bandit is either gonna be parted and sold or just scrapped. death to the little s.o.b!!!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:18:08 AM »
LMAO i swar it gets better! change the pick up coil!
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 12:06:29 PM »
dont get me wrong when the bike runs its great, but since i got it its spent more time in bits than it has on the road, and i really have had enough....

dont worry first refusal on the bike or parts from it (whichever i chose to do with it) will be here

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »
I hear your pain, I'm with you on this one.  I'm of the opinion these bikes are for the shade-tree tinkerer mechanics.  They are a great bike but they're getting old and that naturally means you will spend time turning a wrench on them.  Consider selling it if you'd instead rather spend your time riding.  The Bandit is one of four for me so it fits in perfect with my interests; it's the one I GET to wrench on.  One of my other bike's is a VFR800. Talk about a bike that never needs anything.  (It borders on boring)  Just oil gas and chain tightening, (even that is drop dead simple).  The poor bandit, it too sits in my garage, apart, waiting for the mailman to deliver the next vital part to make it run.

Offline Kenyan01

• TURBO TYPER!
My exact sentiments!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 02:39:23 PM »
I can see I am not the only one whose bandit is more in pieces than running and frankly I find it trying, to say the very least.
It surprises me that the thought of getting rid of it has never really crossed my mind! And never will. Instead I think of ways of getting more and more pieces of it to fix it properly.
I hate the CDI, which I've had to replace twice; and I hate the carbs, which I've replaced twice... and now I'm thinking of rebuilding the current ones...
But to me it's more of a love relationship than the hate part coz when it runs, I love the sound it produces, the comfort it offers, and the fact that it's almost becoming a collector's item...
So, my brother, don't give up... pick more pieces and fix the damn bike!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »
Yea thats what keeps me going is I know the potential to run well is there!

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 03:40:24 PM »
I know where you're coming from....

....but on the other hand, I went out on sunday for a big ride, and I just fsuk'n' LOVED it. When she's running, she's a beauty.