Author Topic: suzuki gsf250 carburator tuneup  (Read 12230 times)

Offline chamarang

• Board Regular!
suzuki gsf250 carburator tuneup
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:23:51 PM »
this is 92 model gsf250p .it has mikuni bdst30  carb.i need to tune it.anyone tell me how to tune it.i need needle jet clip position and  pilot air screw tuning for best tuneup with law carbon .help me to do this
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:29:02 AM by chamarang »

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
Re: suzuki gsf250 carburator tuneup
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:46:05 AM »
Hi chamarang,
your best bet is to get GSF250 workshop manual. I expect that there will be detailed description of how your carburetor works. It is always good to know how it works if you want to try to modify it.

For needle clip I expect that stock setting is middle position (in case there is odd amount of grooves available) or one the one closer to the near of needle (if there is even amount of grooves available).

Pilot air screw is usually turned 1+1/4 to 1+1/2 turns out from complete closed position as a default but this will provide you only safe starting position for further experiments (in terms: at least it should crank up on first try).

Note that it is always worth of cleaning the carbs thoroughly before trying to set them up because if you let some dirt to stay in carbs it will become loose sometime later and will most probably clog some passage sooner or later forcing you to clean them anyway.

Good luck and hope it won't take long before it will be running again.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline chamarang

• Board Regular!
Re: suzuki gsf250 carburator tuneup
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:09:16 AM »
Hi chamarang,
your best bet is to get GSF250 workshop manual. I expect that there will be detailed description of how your carburetor works. It is always good to know how it works if you want to try to modify it.

For needle clip I expect that stock setting is middle position (in case there is odd amount of grooves available) or one the one closer to the near of needle (if there is even amount of grooves available).

Pilot air screw is usually turned 1+1/4 to 1+1/2 turns out from complete closed position as a default but this will provide you only safe starting position for further experiments (in terms: at least it should crank up on first try).

Note that it is always worth of cleaning the carbs thoroughly before trying to set them up because if you let some dirt to stay in carbs it will become loose sometime later and will most probably clog some passage sooner or later forcing you to clean them anyway.

Good luck and hope it won't take long before it will be running again.
this is 92 model gsf250p .it has mikuni bdst30  carb.i need to tune it.anyone tell me how to tune it.i need needle jet clip position and  pilot air screw tuning for best tuneup with law carbon .help me to do this
thanks i will do it