Author Topic: Those dang O-rings  (Read 2853 times)

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
Those dang O-rings
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »
So I ordered the O-ring set off of ebay for the carbs.  I took them apart and man they fit a lot tighter, I'm just waiting on 4 new spark plugs and I'm going to fire it off and see how it runs.  Not sure how tight and snug the floats should fit in, but the old o-rings kinda made the floats wobble a bit.  They fit in, but not nearly as tight as they are now!  I hope this fixes the problem, time will tell.  If I can get it running, I'll feel like a king.  A B4 with only 2500 miles on it.  It still has the stock tires on it.  I can't wait to try her out.  I'll keep everyone posted.
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Those dang O-rings
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
Nice!  Yeah - they should be snug in there with very little wiggle.  Careful out there on those ancient tires!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Those dang O-rings
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:48:50 AM »
Yup, even OEM o-rings make the floats fit tight (damn ebay items showed up within weeks of my OEM's arriving).  I had to push down over the top of the o-rings while wiggling to get everything to fully seat.  But my carbs worked well the first time out after that....  and then even better once I got some 95 mains in there (I live close to 6k feet in elevation, and it's Hot up here too).

Anyway, only 1 thing old, stock, hard as rock tires are good for....  ;)   mesketo control.  

Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Those dang O-rings
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 01:19:52 PM »
Quote from: BrianM
Yup, even OEM o-rings make the floats fit tight Seal grease (dielectric grease is your freind.)  I had to push down over the top of the o-rings while wiggling to get everything to fully seat.  When someone cracks a float assembly youll say damn i should have used lube lol
Anyway, only 1 thing old, stock, hard as rock tires are good for....  ;)   mesketo control.  Quality burnout my brother!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
Those dang O-rings
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »
Tonights the night, just headin out the door now to go put new plugs and the carbs together with the new o-rings.  We'll see how she works this time around.  Keep y'all posted!  Pray for me.
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
Those dang O-rings
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
Let me second what gsxr400 said, if you lightly grease those seals on the float plastics, it makes reassembly MUCH easier.  I used silicone grease.