Author Topic: Thought I would try anyway..  (Read 2399 times)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Thought I would try anyway..
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:21:01 AM »
I contacted the guy who runs Dan Dan's Treasure chest on Ebay if there was a possibility of making some B4 rearsets. He currently makes them for the B12/6 as well as a slew of other stuff in mainland China.

Pretty much all he would have to do is make the adapter plate for rearsets he currently offers and they would be compatible.

His reply: "sorry, not enough demand".

Damn the luck...

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Thought I would try anyway..
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:07:10 AM »
Have you thought about the raask rearsets? A little spendy but nice looking. I think they fold up too unlike the gimbels which are fixed.

http://www.rearsets.info/photo2.html#suzuki
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 08:25:18 AM »
I like the fixed rearsets myself Mike, they act like another slider in the event of a get-off. Plus, I hate when I'm using them when they catch and fold up, I like the solid feel that fixed pegs give.

I thought about the Raasks but heard bad things about their construction from people who have used them before. Something about pot metal on a footpeg doesn't sound good.

Ah well, in worst case I'll get the Coerce ones as the price is high but not insurmountable. Or just keep watch on Ebay. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll figure out a mounting plate option and use the B12 ones.

Winter is coming afterall.

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:11 AM »
There is a downside to fixed pegs.  I had some nice Harris rearsets on my TLR.  I dropped it in a parking lot once and the entire weight of that heavy pig of a bike came down on the fixed peg right on my big toe.  First and only broken bone I've ever had.  Dang did that suck.  Rearsets for the b4 sure would be a nice treat though.

Offline ovlovder

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »
I start work at a place with a waterjet in November, I may make some plates that work with the CFM pedals and pegs.  We have a laser at my current, but its kinda sloppy for cutting aluminum like this...

Will post photos if I have any success...