Author Topic: Son of a....  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
Son of a....
« on: April 02, 2006, 10:23:12 PM »
Well, I got the new throttle cable and installed new return springs on my carbs.  Got everything back together and fired the bike up.  Runs a lot better now.  One problem though, now it's leaking fuel out of the tubes connecting the two right side carbs.  Shut it off and went to the dealer to order new o-rings.  Figured with it's age I might as well order new ones for all of the carbs.  Hopefully this'll be the last time I have to pull them apart for a long time.  Now to wait the 3-5 days for the new rings to come in.  :duh:

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Son of a....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »
Thats usually the problem when you disconect carbs from the bank, Lesson learned  :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline bonobandit4

• Board Homesteader!
Son of a....
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »
Great!  I might as well get my o-rings now... I just pulled the whole bank, and was just about to start taking them apart.  My other problem is, I ruined most of the screws that were holding them to the cross support on top.   :duh:   I'm assuming lock-tight was used and that they haven't been off in a LONG time.  Shouldn't be too hard to replace tho.
I've actually read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.... it sucked!

Brian
93 Bandit w/ full Yoshi 4-2-1 and jets
1968 AMC Javelin - Made in WI baby!