Author Topic: Port Dover Friday the 13th 2007 part II  (Read 2666 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Port Dover Friday the 13th 2007 part II
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:14 PM »
I just got back. Loads of people where there. It's ontario's daytona or sturgis. It happens every friday the 13th. I think we had a record crowd this year. I'll have to wait to see the news. I was the only bandit 400 I saw. Once I got into the heart of downtown dover I stopped taking pictures... it was just too busy.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:57:08 PM by interfuse »
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:41:25 AM »
Cool.  I like going to those kinds of things once in a while.  Good place to check out bikes and a bunch of often very interesting people.  

Triples sound weird to me.  I was riding behind a Speed Trip on my B4 one time.  The different tone and or rhythm of the exhaust was canceling out some of the tones from my bike.  I thought I had dropped a cylinder or two.  It was this weird harmonic effect of the exhausts together.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »
Cool! Maybe next year I'll bring my Bandito!  :grin:
1991 Bandit 400

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 03:44:56 PM »
I almost didn't go because I knew it was going to be really busy. I'm not huge on big crowds but I'm glad I went. I ended up having a blast. I found some cool cafe racers and naked sportbikes in the sea of cruisers.

A friend of mine said "I've never seen so many people who all look alike". It was all white wannabe dirtbags, with jeans and leather vests riding black HDs. There were also lots of interesting "costums". I've never seen so many men wearing g-string bikini underwear and assless chaps. What is wrong with these people.

Rob, I couldn't even hear my bike over the triple. The triple sounded like a cross between a v-twin and inline 4. It was idling pretty high too. Neat to hear, but don't think I'd want one...

Goose, next year June 13, 2008. Dover is about 100 - 150 kms from toronto and its a nice ride. I want to go back to dover one weekend when there arent a million bikes there. http://www.pd13.com/
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 09:29:15 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"
Rob, I couldn't even hear my bike over the triple. The triple sounded like a cross between a v-twin and inline 4. It was idling pretty high too. Neat to hear, but don't think I'd want one...

If I had my choice of any (reasonably priced) bike, it would be a Speed Trip - particularly the current generation.  If I hadn't stubled into a great deal on my ZX, I would have held out for one of them.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
If I had my choice of any (reasonably priced) bike, it would be a Speed Trip - particularly the current generation.  If I hadn't stubled into a great deal on my ZX, I would have held out for one of them.

I see you're not one for brand loyalty? I've always had suzuki's and probably always will. I don't think suzuki makes the best bikes (honda makes a damn fine machine) but I think they are the best bang for your dollar.

I thought pretty hard about picking up a rashed T-595. It was dirt cheap and I would have removed the fairing anyways. But we don't have a truimph dealer anywhere near us. So I stayed away.

I'll probably keep the bandit until it breaks. It seems to be putting up with my abuse (although sometimes it likes to put me in my place). But next up for me will be an SV1000. I'd like the low end grunt for in the city.
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:11:21 AM »
Hey Mike, I was at Dover last Friday, too bad we didn't run into each other.

I thought I was the only Bandit 400 there!

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:15:14 AM »
Next year we'll have to do a bandit 400 meet at dover!
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
I'll come too...if I still have my Banding. Thinking of picking up a used 02-06 VFR next year (for touring purposes). But I'll probably be broke for a while hehehe
1991 Bandit 400