Author Topic: What's your top-speed?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« on: August 20, 2006, 12:10:58 AM »
I have been doing some searching and finding it difficult to find what other peoples top speed on the B4 is. The few that I found surprised me a little, as they seem slower than I would expect, allthough one was much higher. So I was just wondering what all of you peoples top speeds are? Also, have you got any mods which might affect your top speed?

Mine is about 128mph (205.99kmph). My mods are mostly bodywork, as I have a top fairing, clipons, and a bellypan. I'm guessing the bellypan would add some drag and reduce the speed slightly, but I'm still happy with the speed. I also have a Beowulf race can, but I'm not sure if that would add any mph to my top speed or not.

What about you?

EDIT: Your speed can be by GPS or radar or whatever, or by the speedo if that is all you have to go on. My top speed mentioned above is what was indicated on the speedo.
Coopz
-Silencing Lambs Since October 31st 2006

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 04:26:45 AM »
Well i can only tell the rpm's and indicated speeds, but i've reached on several occasions 200-210km/h at rpm's around the 13-13.5k.I can't be more specific because my eyes were more on the road :shock:  :roll:
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:39:41 PM »
years back, my '91 B4 with V&H supersport slip on, stage one dynojet and all tuned pretty dang well, I could get about 120, but that was based on her still pulling strong at about 110 with enough revs left to get to 120. hth.

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:33:11 PM »
I got my stock B4 up to 110. It seemed like I could've gotten more out of it, but I was in Bambi territory and thought perhaps I had enough fun for the night and backed off.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:39:34 PM »
140mph
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:16:30 AM »
:shock:

Wow.

Thats pretty impressive gsxr racer! Can't say I'm surprised though, I know your bikes have all of the ultimate racing parts and accessories.
Coopz

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 12:12:53 PM »
gsxr400 racer, is that with the big bore kit or without? Heck, how about a quick rundown of performance mods you've done? please?

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 06:42:43 PM »
Full fairing is worth more than displacement :wink: 140 MPH is only reachable with a heavier than 14-46 final drive though unless you have no rev limiter. 219 km/h (136,875 mph) is the theoretical max for me with my current rear tire. To be very precise :duh: I've never got past 210 km/h.

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
What's your top-speed?
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »
yeah, what performance mods have you got gsxr400 racer? I'd be interested to know. Also, you seem like the appropriate person to ask, what would you say is the best mod to make you go faster? I am looking to spend as little as possible and go as fast as possible.

Is it the big bore kit which got your speed so high? And also, does the big bore kit allow you to wheelie just off the throttle? I know that seems a stupid question, but I remember you saying "want to wheelie? read my sig" So I was wondering if it would enable you to wheelie off the throttle, or if you would have to use the dumping the clutch method. (Too scared to try it properly, lol)

And, what you said Herr Tod sounds interesting, but i dont understand a word of it! lol. :duh:
Coopz