Author Topic: What is this connector for? (pics)  (Read 3967 times)

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
What is this connector for? (pics)
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:49:55 PM »
I have a female bullet connector that's not connected to anythig.  On the wiring harness I could not find a reciprocating male connector.  I scoured the schematic in the official Suzuki service manual but couldn't find a reference.  It's in the same grouping of wires that terminates to a yellow mollex connector.  Would anyone have a  guess as to what it is?  The wire is yellow with a white strip and brown dash(?).
Thanks,
Duane

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 09:48:49 PM »
Where does it go after the connector?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 12:41:50 AM »
Hi Paul,
I'm not sure I understand your question.  Where does it go after the connector?  Well, as you see, the cable disapears into the wiring harness or the bike.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 12:49:13 AM »
Well, if you figure out were it goes, it may help answer your question.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
wiring
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 04:16:05 AM »
Looking at the wiring diagram, it seems that the yellow wire with white tracer (stripe) comes from the left switch housing, specifically the dimmer switch, and connects to an orange wire with red tracer that feeds back to the fuse box.  If I get a chance and remember, I'll try and pop my headlight off on the weekend and see if I've got the wire and what it connects to.

John

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 04:53:19 AM »
That yellow and white wire should be connected to your dimmer switch, which allow you to turn on the high beam. Btw try flipping the dimmer swtich, do you see the high beam working??
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 07:58:27 PM »
KillerB,Bandit,
Thanks for the guidande.  Both of you were correct and prompted me dig further for a reciprocating connection.  The previous owner e-taped it with another bundle and I missed it.  Thank you so much for the help guys.

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
glad you found it
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 02:09:42 AM »
Quote from: "duane"
KillerB,Bandit,
Thanks for the guidande.  Both of you were correct and prompted me dig further for a reciprocating connection.  The previous owner e-taped it with another bundle and I missed it.  Thank you so much for the help guys.

Hey, that's what we're all here for.  Glad you were able to find that wire and get it working.  It's amazing some of the things that previous owners will do.

John

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 06:51:54 AM »
My previous owner did the same thing to the wire, because the soldering for that wire on the dimmer switch came off, so instead of soldering the wire back, he decided to do a quick fix by connecting the wire to another source.
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn