Author Topic: Brake light not working :(  (Read 7693 times)

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
Brake light not working :(
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:14 PM »
OK! Figured it out for the most part. I removed and cleaned the front switch (so thats where the "click" comes from! LOL)...sprayed some contact cleaner in there...most of it went in my eye  :roll:   :lol:  The switch is an ALPS part...just FYI for the electronics nerds out there. Neat!

I also adjusted it, so it comes on a little earlier. Plus I changed the bulb for a new one...just in case.

Now....the problem. The rear brake pedal doesnt do ANYTHING.  :annoy: No light...not even a flicker, no matter how hard I press. Come to think of it, I dont really recall if it ever did work! I found the switch, and tried to adjust it (kept turning some plastic threaded thing..which I assume is the switch) and still nothing. I checked the wire, and it seems to be ok up to the point where it goes into the fuse box.

All I see is a little spring pulling down on something with a wire coming out of it....whats the mechanism like exactly?
1991 Bandit 400

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Brake light not working :(
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 11:49:14 PM »
Pull down on the spring and the brake light should light up.

The spring probably stretched. I ended up shortening the hook part of the spring with a pair of needle nose pilers so I could get the brake lever to activate.

I have mine setup so the brake light will activate before activating the brake. It's great for telling tailgaters to **** off. Tap the rear brake pedel and roll on the gas.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.