Author Topic: Will the 99 katana 750 rear shock fit the B4  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Will the 99 katana 750 rear shock fit the B4
« on: November 03, 2005, 04:06:01 AM »
It looks to be in good condition, looking for a rear shock which bolts on straight into my G4.

B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »
Finally I bid and won a 98 katana 750 rear shock and installed on my gsxr 400.

Problem is when the rear wheel is jacked up, there is alot of clearance at the bottome end of the shock, I can shake it left and right quite alot. But once the rear wheel lower, the shock stays firmly.

The strange thing is the sleeve of the roller bearing is not flushed with the cushion lever, it extend about 1/8 inch on each side, is that normal??

The new shock wouldn't be able to fit in, obstruct by the bearing sleeve, if the end of its width is the same as the cushion lever. Should I grind the sleeve to make it flush?? Then add spacers to compensate for the clearance at the end of the shock.
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 10:24:49 AM »
I installed the 98 katana 750 on my gsxr400 successfully, I use 2 plastic washer, sand down to the require thickness, place at each side of the cushion lever to compensate for the bigger gap of the new rear shock.

Conclusion late katana 750 rear shock should fit all B4 as well because gsxr4 and B4 has the same rear shock.