Author Topic: Woohoo, got my old b4 back!  (Read 4992 times)

Offline tabby

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Woohoo, got my old b4 back!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
I hear ya! I just got through adjusting the valves. They weren't out by much, so that made me feel good. Lubed the throttle and choke cable, the clutch cable is too far gone, so that goes on the list. I've got all new o-rings for the carbs on order, from and industrial supply place the next town over. Lots cheaper than the dealership. Jet kit, air cleaner and float bowl gaskets are next. I'm kinda glad this thing needs a little work. It makes me get involved with it, and gives me the warm and fuzzies knowing it won't be flogged like a government mule. Oh, it will sing a bit, but with tha tlc to back it up.

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
Well, my bandit restoration project got a kick in the seat.  I had a woman in an Acura pull out in front of me while riding my FZ1.  The FZ1 is totaled and I'm fighting with the insurance company to get what it's worth.

So...got the tank cleaned out, POR15'd the inside, it's all purty now.  Pulled the carbs today and opened them up and gave them some carb cleaner and checked to make sure it all looked good.  Reassembled and no go.  No gas to the carbs.

Sigh....fought for a bit then went inside to play some video games and clear my head.

Remembered that for some odd reason the fuel petcock is backwards.  Went outside and pulled the fuel line and sure enough, nothing flowing.  Turn it from on to off and gas floweth forth.  Hooked it back up and let the carbs do their thing and she fired right up.  Woohoo.

Took her around the block. Man, compared to the FZ1, she is a weak little bike.  But I'm gonna have sooo much fun riding it.

Now, registration, insurance, fresh dino and a coolant change and I'll be ready to enjoy the fantastic weather we are having!

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 05:25:18 AM »
Shame about the FZ1- hope your ok tho. The little B4 is going to feel well under powered compared to the Yam, but i like how you can ring the B4's neck and not end up in hyper speed land. find a back road and have a little fun.

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
I used to have a Suzuki TL1000R, which I traded for a GSX-R600 track bike.  Riding the B4 after the FZ felt kind of like riding the GSXR after the TLR.  Needless to say, I got acclimated to it, as I will this bike.   :grin: