Author Topic: Worth it?I think YES  (Read 4966 times)

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
Worth it?I think YES
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:42:02 AM »
Hey there!
The last few days i've found a B4 V left 4 about 1.5 year outside.I've contact the owner 4 the usual research about the bike and it's quite ok(the owner and the bike)My mechanic who examined the bike told me that it's in a very good condition despite the long time been on the pavement!I think i'm gonna given it  4 free since the owner 4 some reason he abandoned it  and almost forgoten he had that bike ( :?:  :?: )It's not crashed only with a mall scratch downside after a fall from the stand.I think it's a very good oportunity 4 me cause it's gonna be my first ever bike!! :lol:  :lol:

Here R some pics 4 your eyes
http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/dj_nsc/35651/428122/0/DSC00327.JPG
http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/dj_nsc/35651/428123/0/DSC00328.JPG
http://briefcase.pathfinder.gr/download/dj_nsc/35651/428121/0/DSC00326.JPG

more pics in the future

Offline mtbcrazy

• TURBO TYPER!
    • My 1992 Bandit
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:45:46 AM »
Congratulations!

I've had my 400 for about 2 months now, and it is a BLAST!  Plenty fast, light and fun!  I've heard the V models make even more power than my 92.

Hope you can get it running quick.

:motorsmile:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 11:50:01 AM »
Good luck!  That looks like it will clean up real nice!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 08:49:05 PM »
Nice find!!  :congrats:

Expect to add a good carb cleaning to the cleaning list. Probably a fresh battery, too.

But free is always good! Even if it doesn't run, you can sell it for parts and make some money.

I do believe we have at least one other member from Greece here, too.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 09:03:57 PM »
Good luck!
  Are you going to have the mechanic look at the bike before you try to start it?

Sitting outside that long, along with the normal 'cleaning' chores, I think I'd want to dump the gas that's in the tank, inspect the inside of the tank for rust or debris, and refill.   Dittos with flushing out the carbs and fuel lines.
   I'd also pull the airfilter and make sure no insects have made a home in there.

The 400V is a cool bike! :motorsmile:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 07:21:52 PM »
Well on Tuesday or Thurstday me and the owner are going to take the bike for an evaluation since the throtle it's not being rotated and i think the carbs have been stucked! that means enough EUROS!As i saw from a closer look the back suspension has been vey coroted(Is the spelling right?).
When i'll be able i'll take some hi-res photos from some vital points of the bike so u can suggest anything u may want!
Thanx

Offline AtomizeV

• New user!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 08:32:04 PM »
On the 400V, I found that the NGK GPower plugs ignite better especially since the stock condition is a bit rich.  Though the GPowers are cheaper the finer tip really helps and they seem to last well too cos they're platinum tipped.  They only go up to CR8Es though, not C9E as in the original stock which is a colder plug.  but in our part of d world where it's always hot the cr8's work fine.  

You might want to check out the crossover equalization mod on the 250/400 FAQs board too.

One thing I'd like 2 share too is old ducati pipes (round section ones)respond gr8 to the V.  although a dyno read isn't in order the Suzuki factory guys here really liked the response after tuning it.  but try not to use premium gas on the v, based on exp.   Other than that u should be happy to find that u get more out of that old V than d 96 up models.  so share d pics of chicks sprawled on d bike.  Taking d meters out helps em lean over d tank better (:  so "getting pumped" on a bike could go well for a passenger too.

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 05:39:14 AM »
Well i'm only a few days away from bying the B4V and i have a question to make!
Does the manual for B4,that is provided here in forum,is ok to use it for my B4V?
I know there are going to be some diferences but in general i think it's the same.Do you agree?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »
The manual you find thru here is for a 1G, non-V, US model (single front disc brake). The V's head is different. I couldn't tell you if the valve adjustment specs from that manual will do you any good, but perhaps there's someone here who know more about the differences than I do.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline AtomizeV

• New user!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 11:20:06 AM »
I don't have a manual for the V either but as jerrry-rigged as I might get, will give you our opinion after checking the valves this week and trying to get some help from my local Suzuki.

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »
Well guys i'm desperatly looking for a B4V manual.Any thoughts where i can find one?I've searched everywhere but no luck for me! :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

Please help!!!

Offline AtomizeV

• New user!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 08:31:01 PM »
Hey dude did u try using the manual posted (sticky topic) by the Echomadman guy?  It's not for the V but it works fine for me though not exactly same.  try it out if you haven't.  
By the way, if you were asking bout valve clearances cause there's rattling of the valves I was told not to worry bout it.  AFter tuning the bike and running high speed, it did go away.  And we found out too that tuning with the mercury / home made synch tool is really more accurate than the Suzuki factory analog synch machine.

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 10:09:31 PM »
well thereis still hope....i found one on uk ebay but the guy sells only in Uk dam....i mailed him and i'm waiting for answer.
By the way uk ebay haw a lot of B4 stuff!!

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 10:34:43 PM »
Quote from: "AtomizeV"
Hey dude did u try using the manual posted (sticky topic) by the Echomadman guy?  It's not for the V but it works fine for me though not exactly same.  try it out if you haven't.  
By the way, if you were asking bout valve clearances cause there's rattling of the valves I was told not to worry bout it.  AFter tuning the bike and running high speed, it did go away.  And we found out too that tuning with the mercury / home made synch tool is really more accurate than the Suzuki factory analog synch machine.

If you're still looking for the VV manual check this thread:

http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=1644
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline nsc

• TURBO TYPER!
Worth it?I think YES
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 02:50:02 AM »
Oh man :thanks: U so very very much (as my god S.R.V. used to say).

:beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: