Author Topic: To big for Bandit?  (Read 3030 times)

Offline bjeller77

• First Post! Be Gentle!
To big for Bandit?
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »
Hey guys. I was recently shipped over to Korea, and im in the market for a bike. Ive always loved the bandits styling. Anyways im looking at a 1997 bandit 400 VZ with like 14,000 kms. But my question is am I too big for the Bandit. Im 6'2 and around 200 lbs. I guess I should really go and get on the bike in question. Anyways any other big bandit riders out there? And are you comfortable on the bike? All my buddies are suggesting the Shadow to me, but im not much into the Shadow's styling. Thanks for your time.

Offline crazycletus

• Board Regular!
Re: To big for Bandit?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »
I ride a 2000 B6 and Im 6'2 220lbs. Personally I have no problem on my bike. I just wish my feet werent so big. Im not sure what the dimensions are on the bike your looking for but it shouldnt be like the bear in the circus look. Give it a shot! Remember hondas tend to be more expensive aswell.

Offline Paco23

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:46:15 PM »
I'm 6'1 and 195lbs.  Ride a 2003 B6.  Just rode 400 miles last Wednesday and not a problem.  Just like any other bike.....  Make sure to stop every so often, (usually for gas or water) and stretch for a little while.  Great bike!!  Good for all day interstate travel, and great for the twisties!

Offline 1993gsf400

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:14:58 PM »
I'm 6'2" just under 200 and ride a 93 400 with no problems. It's a great bike!

Offline SeoulRugger

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »
I've lived in S.Korea for 3 years.  I'm 5'11" 220 and ride a 400 no problem.  My friend is taller and heavier, and he rides a bandit 250.  The traffic in Seoul is so heavy that having the smaller bike is really helpful.  However, because it is not a Hyosung or Daelim, parts are really expensive here.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »
I'm 6'1" 2(cough)20 and ride a '93 400. I find the distance from foot peg to the little knee pads on the frame to be about an inch too short. If I want to tuck my knees into the tank, I have to come up on the balls of my feet (not a bad place to be...). If I want to settle into the arches of my feet, my knees are at the bulge where the tank comes out. It works fine for me though occasionally I think I'd like a set of rear-sets.

What I like is the ability to really manhandle the bike. I can pretty much pick it up and do what ever I want with it on the road. It's less riding "on" it and more riding "around" it. The clubman bars help with that arrangement too.

A