Author Topic: Installing replacement turn signal  (Read 3822 times)

Offline SoonerVa

• New user!
Installing replacement turn signal
« on: May 01, 2005, 12:06:40 AM »
OK so I'm nick the new guy and dropped my bike.  Feel bad and knew it would happen sooner or later.  No damage to the bike except I broke one of the front turn signals.  Found a replacement here locally and now I'm trying to install it.  I can figure out how to get the old one off but can't figure out where the new wiring harness hooks up.  The original seems to have straight wiring behind the fairing that I can't follow all the way.  The replacement has a short (2-4") piece of wiring with a connector on the end.  I thought the old one would have a similar connector that I could just disconnect and snap on the new one.  Any ideas about where I am making the mistake?  Please don't tell me take off the fairing.  If I have to do that I'll probably just take it to a shop to get it done quickly.

:thanks:
Chris
02 Bandit 600S

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:16:38 AM »
If the plug on the signal side of your original turn signal is still good you could use that to make an extension. Cut the plug off the new signal and solder on the original plug with some extra wire. Hope this helps.

Offline GaryB12VA

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 02:18:46 PM »
Quote from: "dsartwell1"
If the plug on the signal side of your original turn signal is still good you could use that to make an extension. Cut the plug off the new signal and solder on the original plug with some extra wire. Hope this helps.

Been there, done that. That's exactly what I did.
'06 FJR 1300A

"The person who says it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person who is doing it"