Author Topic: Starting Issue  (Read 3135 times)

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
Starting Issue
« on: March 27, 2006, 01:11:56 PM »
Well just bought my new bandit and within 3 hours of having it home im already having some issues with it and need your guys help as im new to the bandit 600s.  

I test rode the bike yeserday and it turned over no problem.   I brought it home, off loaded and washed it as it had been extremely dirty.  Went to go start the bike to ride it later that evening and the bike was not catching.   Drained the carbs and refilled with no change in the situation.   Pretty sure its not the starter nut as I can feel a pressure surge outta the exhaust when cranking which to me shows the starter is at least turning the motor.   I'm going to pull the plugs this afternonn.  I tried to this morning but couldnt figure out how the heck to get a socket down in there or even what size it was (not a standard plug socket size right?) so does anyone know what I should do?   This sucks bc all i wanna do is ride (even if it is 40 degress outside here)

Offline kedeg_97B12

• Board Homesteader!
Starting Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »
I have found the plug wrench included in the tool kit works the best. Maybe you'll get lucky and the tool kit is under the seat?
97 1216 Big Bore, Gixxer intake, with
Holeshot commemorative figurine with kung fu grip, Red
12 volt Dewalt drill, Yellow,
Moen bathroom faucets, Chrome

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
Starting Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:20:34 PM »
no tool kit.   I bought replacement plugs today just to have and they fit my standard spark plug socket but the ones in there do not....now im really confused.  

Anybody have any ideas of what could be the issue?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Starting Issue
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 05:28:38 PM »
What plugs did you buy?
Can you read the #'s on the ones in there?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
Starting Issue
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 05:46:15 PM »
NGK like those listed on the main page  #CR9EK

cant read the ones in there but since he didnt have the tool kit i would think it would be some normal socket to get them in and out.   I'm just so damn frustrated right now since it ran perfect when i test rode it yesterday then 3 hours later it wont even start

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
Starting Issue
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »
got the plugs out and figured why i couldnt get the dang socket in there....there were small 1/2 peas sized pieces of gravel down in there.   Some was resting on top of the head underneath the gas tank.   Not really sure how it got there but sure scares me!.   Got the plus swapped for the new ones and had the battery charging yesterday.  

Now when i go to start the bike i hear a clikcing sound....like a car does with the starter solenoid when there isnt enough juice.   Does the bandit have a solenoid or just a relay? or am i just so dang frustraded i dont know what to do anymore :stickpoke:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Starting Issue
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »
It has a starter relay.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)