Author Topic: 1G Bandit 600 Stock carbs Main Jet Size  (Read 8753 times)

Offline osmckeown

• New user!
1G Bandit 600 Stock carbs Main Jet Size
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
Just wondering what everyone's using for their main jet size in the 1G B6 stock CVK32mm Carbs. I live in Florida, sea level. I'm thinking about getting 102's since stock is 98/100. I was going to put 102's all the way around and put the needle on the 4th clip setting (from top) I have a slip on, aftermarket air filter and if needed I would take out the snorkel, maybe drill a 1" hole on the other side?

Please post your current main jet size, and fuel screw adjustments, (2 turns out, 2 1/4 turns out, etc...)

Also current altitude and temps where you live.

Thank you in advance. :grin:

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:14:26 AM »
I'm running 100's on all four with somewhere between 3.5 < 4 turns out and two radio shack shims. It runs ok and can get roll on wheelie in first. I'm at sea level and am thinking about getting 102's. I have a K&N and Hole Shot no extra holes in the box. I really need to pull the carbs and adjust my floats anyway. I'd like to give the 102's a try but don't want to order from my local guy this time (it took two mounths to get the 2-100's) so I just need to find some online and order the right one. I have two 98's if anyones in need.

http://www.keihin-us.com/list.htm
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can

Offline osmckeown

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
Right now I have left the fuel mixture screws alone, main jets are 98/100, at sea level. I have an after market air filter and a custom slip-on exhaust. I can wheelie in first no prob, clutch, power (clutch it up!) The only thing I did to the carbs was lowered the clip position to the lowest setting (5th from top) and I get about 32mpg. When I rev it hangs at about 2k then drops  to an idle, it only hangs for about 1.5 sec. Indicating that it's a little lean on the idle mixture. I want to get 102's for some serious power, but I might just change out the 98's for 100's and turn the A/F screws to 2 out, hopefully get some better mileage.

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 03:17:11 PM »
I just turned my a/f screws out about 1/2 turn more so I'm somewhere around 4.25 turns out, I have lost count. It feels and sounds better but need to check my plugs, maybe just a little to much. I only have one notch on my needles so I can't move them only shim. I'm going to take one shim off and test and adjust screws.

If your running lean why not turn the screws out? I'd try 3+ turns. Its free and ez, and you can screw them back in if its no good.

I use the bit from my screw gun to make adjustments, just don't drop it.

As for mileage i'm around 40 mpg, I'll check again when I'm finished playing with the screws.
I can wheelie with no clutching in first and clutch up in second.
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can