Author Topic: 2G petcock?  (Read 14936 times)

Offline bgrundy

• Board Homesteader!
Re: 2G petcock?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »
BikeBandit's schematic shows only one outlet on the petcock, and the Pingel 3211-D has two.  What's the deal?

I e-mailed Pingel and asked about the part numbers and the dual outlet.  Here's the response:

Hi, sorry about that.  It is a typo in the Honda section.  The two part numbers are for a single outlet (stock replacement)  Then there is a dual outlet which will allow you to use one side for NOS and the other to feed the carbs.  On some models there may be two inlets going into the carbs and the stock one just T's off to the two.  The GSXR's are like that so then rather than T them off you can run two separate fuel lines to the inlets on the carbs.  With our valve you  may have to file your tank a little to get the screen up in there.  If you have any other questions just ask.

Troy

So I'm guessing the 4211 is the matching stock part, as Dave already stated.  I'm going to have a closer look at my setup later on and see if there is a split that can be eliminated with the dual outlet.  I don't know off hand, and I think I'm going to have to remove the tank to be sure.

Thanks,
Barry

Offline bgrundy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 03:09:11 PM »

It was an easy job and, since then, no leaks.

Regarding the pingel petcock.  I'm confused again.  Went ahead and ordered the parts above, and then went through the whole mounting process...re-mounted the tank and realized I have NO idea what to do with the carb vacuum hose.  There's only one line connection on the pinges.  The fuel line.

What do you do with the vacuum hose?? 

Offline bikeb4cage

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
The Pingel has a manual shutoff (three positions, off, run prime) - so the vacuum line is not needed.  You can either plug the line and tape off (and secure somewhere, so it doesn't flop around).  Or buy a nipple cap from Bikebandit ($1 or so, see the carburetor schematics) and remove the vacuum line from the carb, then cap the nipple.

Jay
2001 B12N

Offline bgrundy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 03:43:09 PM »
The Pingel has a manual shutoff (three positions, off, run prime) - so the vacuum line is not needed. 

Thanks for the quick response.  That makes perfect sense, and now that I think about it, I feel quite the dummy.

Offline Big Bo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 03:16:09 PM »
From what I see on the Pingel chart, the 4211 is for the 600cc Bandit, and the 3211 is for the 1200.

http://www.pingelonline.com/powerflo_application_frames.htm

If it were not for all the movement on your posts maybe I could concentrate and read what you are saying.

Not complaining.
2002 Silver 1200S
Two Brothers slip on
Busa shock
Power Bronze Hugger
Zero Gravity Double Bubble
Ivan`s jet kit and air box mod

Ya gota love a 1200 torque monster.

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »
Thumbing ones petcock is a reassuring thing.

:beers:

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »
The Pingel does not use the vacuum hose.

It has three positions OFF, ON, RESERVE.

Dave
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator

Offline GeorgeJ

• New user!
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »
I CAN'T FREAKIN BELIEVE IT.javascript:void(0);
After reading this months ago - I still went and ordered a new stock petcock from my 02 1200. Well 1500 miles later (tonite) I go out to the garage and peek at the oil site window (a habit now) and the gas is back...
I've had it . I know I shoulda went with a pinkle but I didnt feel like bunged the tank.  Anyone else had two petcocks go bad?

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 06:56:26 AM »
Yes.

That is why I installed a Pingel.

Problem solved.

Good luck,

Dave
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator

Offline GeorgeJ

• New user!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »
Thanks Dave - I'm off to Sears to buy a file - which one works best?
George

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »
If you're getting gas in the oil, you have TWO problems.  The petcock, and one or more float needle/seats that aren't shutting off.  If the float needle/seat is doing it's job, it'll shut off fuel flow when the float bowl is full.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline GeorgeJ

• New user!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 07:15:12 PM »
Yep I was thinking it was both but hoping it was only the petcock. Now after replacing the petcock with another new from Suzuki stock petcock, the problem has returned. Freaky that the second petcock just broke or maybe they never really shut off. I understood that the vacuum line should control the fuel so if the bike's not running no fuel. But in my case - I can shut the bike down drain the bowls and wake up the next morning with all 4 bowls full.  First step is to eliminate the new stock petcock and replace with the pinkel.  Then it's off with the carbs. Oh yeah how much filing needs to get done (even though I hate filing a nice tank).
George

Offline GeorgeJ

• New user!
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »
Ok just got my pinkel. Widened the hole just enuff for the filter to slip in. Now I'm having a little leakage thru the threads (petcock through the adapter plate). 5 spins of teflon and still a little leak. Has anyone tightened the valve all the way up the threads or just until tight and in the right position. I want to ride ALREADY!
George

Offline GeorgeJ

• New user!
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »
Okay no more whining. Re-wrapped the threads with fresh Teflon (6 spins) and all is well, in fact very well. Unless it's me but my B12 is running better with the pinkel then ever (new chain and sprockets helped as well). Just did a 300 mile run up and down the middle of Connecticut on Sunday and the bike ran superb (even with a bolt on micron can and no jet work).  Thanks again folks for helping,
George 

Offline Jimmy Tom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »
Does any one have a picture of the Pingel they can insert?  Do you have to pull the petcock to remove the tank?  Obviously leaning pretty hard this way.

Air filter is pretty clean, bike turns over real strong, and I've got spark, but the bike won't start.  Bike ran great when I taught an ERC early Aug, so not sure what's happened, though it has sat pretty much since then. 

The plugs do have some carbon fouling, so got new ones.  Oil looks REAL clean and the petcock was leaking when I pulled the tank to check the air filter, so will drain the oil tomorrow and see what I've got going on.  Hate to think about going into the check the floats...

TIA
Jim

Ok, drained the oil, full of gas...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:46:33 PM by Jimmy Tom »
Jim
STOC # 753
jimmorrow203@msn.com
Billings, MT  RiderCoach
91 ST1100 Black, 03 1200S, 96 DR650