Author Topic: B12 clutch master cyl.  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
B12 clutch master cyl.
« on: April 15, 2005, 03:28:43 AM »
Any help on floppy clutch handle, in & out, until bike has been riden for a while then slop is much less. master cyl return spg broken?? works fine though! Also what is about to happen when the dot4 b fluid keeps looking like mud ??? I Change it by just sopping it out the reservoir and bleeding slave clean, a few months later muddy again!    :shock:

6/25/05 update
Hey just got this fixed!! 2 mos to get the little kit. Broken return spring was the problem! The two pcs were chaffing into ea other causing the dirty fluid. These kits are on back order from suzuki @ all sites so if your lever is getting stuck, floppy, or just isn't snappy like it was* get one comin before your bike is down for this minor thing. $$$ cost less than $20.00 @ most suppliers. This can be R&Red with no more tools than a 10mm wrench and an ice pick. lots of the metric bike's use this same kit bandit/intruder etc. The kit comes with the boot, Part# 59800-08810 .

Offline chevsuz12

• Board Homesteader!
B12 clutch master cyl.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:18:17 AM »
I would suggest getting a mighty vac bleeder, available at Sears around $30.00.  Just pull the cap off the master cylinder and hook the vac to the bleeder line and suck her dry, then fill the cylinder 1 0r 2 more times and repeat to flush all that old crap out of there.  Next I would look real good at your seals on the master cylinder cover and replace if necessary.  

As for the floppiness, possibly the plunger is screwed up, or the seal is torn?  Might want to find a used master cylinder.
B12 Streetfighter!

Offline tacoman

• Board Homesteader!
master cyl
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 02:26:23 PM »
You've got some serious gunk in the system.  There is no return spring since the system is hydraulic.  My old gixxer 1100 got this way.  I took the whole system apart (master and slave cyl) and cleaned it real good.  Worked like new after that.