MODEL SPECIFIC > SUZUKI BANDIT 600 thru 1200 - AIR/OIL COOLED TECHNICAL

Best Oil?

<< < (11/11)

BBurton:

--- Quote ---Tire inflation pressure, now there is a controversial issue!
--- End quote ---

That is a good one!! I just usually go right to the top of the tire spec, any good recommendations for a tire gauge that is really accurate. Sorry about getting off topic... couldn't resist! :lol:

jesjames9598:
Shell vsx 4.After pulling motor down for performance rebuild at 30,000km and finding NO measurable wear on any bearing surface.Bike is flogged at regular intervals.Will continue to use .No clutch slip,gsxr 1100 clutch though.

cc600:
Well, this is a topic that will probably never be agreed upon by everyone.  :grin:

I am not a seasoned rider, but I do believe in synthetic oil superiority from my automotive knowledge, and I  am trying to learn as much about bike use as I can.

I heard that the old Mobil 1 "Red Cap" was the oil to use in a bike.  However, Mobil changed the oil and cap color (now Gold Cap).  My seasoned bike friends are not willing to try it in their bikes, so I decided to take one for the team.  I have 200 miles since my oil change using Mobil 1 Gold Cap and no noticeable difference.

I am neither endorsing or discouraging the usage of this oil.....I am simply letting everyone know what I am trying and the results I have found so far. :motorsmile:

WEINERDOGBONE:
The last time I changed my oil, I went to Valvoline MC oil from the Suzuki brand and I have noticed some seriously clunky shifting. I never cared a bit about what oil I used. I always figured it didn't matter if I changed it regularly. Well, it does matter I guess. Back to Suzuki oil for me. Just my $.02.

aussiebandit:
A couple of years ago one of the local Aussie bike mags dedicated a few pages to the question of Which Oil Should I Use.  They went throught the pros and cons of Synthetic, Mineral, Semi Synthetic, Car specific oil, Bike specific oil.

At the end of the article the writer said

--- Quote ---Bike specific oil is highly recommended, but, regardless of which oil you use, fresh is best.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version