Author Topic: Carb. Sync question!!  (Read 5253 times)

Offline Iroc24

• New user!
Carb. Sync question!!
« on: February 06, 2006, 01:41:38 PM »
I tried my hand at syncing my carbs today. I have a 2000 bandit 1200S.  I recently installed ivans jet kit along with a Yoshimura RS3 pipe.  The bike ran good but there was a little vibration so Ivan said I should sync the carbs.  Well I synced carbs 3-4 then 1-2 without problem then synced carbs2-3 and the engine quit.  I have tried to put the middle screw back to where it was prior to the engine dying, but it didn't work.  I still can't get the bike started back up.  I think it's just flooding every time I try and start it.  Can anyone help?  Thank's,  Eric

Offline B12NScott

• Board Homesteader!
carb sync
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:55:32 PM »
I have not tried syncing my carbs yet( I need to), but when I changed my plugs( when I first got my bike) I flooded and fouled the plugs, Pulled them and cleaned them and could not get it started.  Pulled the plugs and It wasn't getting any fuel at all.  Pull the plugs and make sure your getting fuel.
2K B-12S
2K5 DRZ 400s Dirt/SM

Offline jeepskate99

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Carb. Sync question!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
Quote from: "Iroc24"
I tried my hand at syncing my carbs today. I have a 2000 bandit 1200S.  I recently installed ivans jet kit along with a Yoshimura RS3 pipe.  The bike ran good but there was a little vibration so Ivan said I should sync the carbs.  Well I synced carbs 3-4 then 1-2 without problem then synced carbs2-3 and the engine quit.  I have tried to put the middle screw back to where it was prior to the engine dying, but it didn't work.  I still can't get the bike started back up.  I think it's just flooding every time I try and start it.  Can anyone help?  Thank's,  Eric

Did then engine quit before you put the tank back on?  If not then make sure you hooked all the hoses back up properly.  Especially the one to carb #4.
There are no stupid questions,  only stupid people asking questions!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Carb. Sync question!!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:50:42 PM »
Yeah - what are you using as a fuel source?  If you're using the tank w/out the vacuum hooked up and not on PRIME, you may have used up all the gas in the bowls in the first two steps and now it might be dry.  Or if you're using an aux can, is it vented?  You might try draining a bowl to see if the carbs have gas?  Just some thoughts.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Iroc24

• New user!
Carb. Sync question!!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.  I think either my fuel line was kinked or I didn't have any pressure in the tank.  I put it on prime and moved the fuel line around a bit and it fired back up without any difficulty.  Again thanks for the input.

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Carb. Sync question!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 08:44:27 AM »
Quote from: "Iroc24"
Thanks for the help guys.  I think either my fuel line was kinked or I didn't have any pressure in the tank.  I put it on prime and moved the fuel line around a bit and it fired back up without any difficulty.  Again thanks for the input.

If you have pressure in the tank, then you have other issues.  I know this because I kinked my tank vent line and then it got interesting.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!