Author Topic: Gas Tank Hose, where does it go?  (Read 2566 times)

Offline pendletonbandit

• New user!
Gas Tank Hose, where does it go?
« on: June 06, 2006, 02:28:18 AM »
Okay so I pulled off the gas on my 2004 Bandit 1200 following the steps outlined in my Haynes Manual step by step.  Every thing went fine except for a hose with no place to go.  It attaches to the under side of the gas tank very close to where the family jewels rest.  Two hoses leave the tank here.  One is a larger hose and it just feeds down to open air at the bottom of the bike.   The other hose is smaller and goes down about 6 inches before it hooks up with a T joint.  From there two sections of hose leave one is about 12 inches long the other about 6 inches or so.  My problem is that I have no idea where either of these hoses are supposed to attach.  I can smell gas ever since they became disconnected and now I am afraid to ride or run the bike.  Anyone know where these hoses attach and what they are for.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Cruisecontrol

• Board Homesteader!
Gas Tank Hose, where does it go?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:23:17 AM »
The smaller hose runs down with the larger one  and exits under the bike. At the T junction it is zip tied to the frame heading towards the tail light but it also has an open end.
Neither attach to anything.

Offline pendletonbandit

• New user!
Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 09:20:34 PM »
You are a life/marriage saver, I was about to put in the rest of the night looking for a phantom hook up.