Author Topic: DID ZVM chain...connect with chewing gum?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
DID ZVM chain...connect with chewing gum?
« on: July 01, 2006, 12:49:41 PM »
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help...I just bought a DID 530ZVM2 chain (that comes with a clip link) and DIDZVM X ring rivet master link through Chaparral to find out that the link has been discontinued.  A quick look on DID's website shows they recommend a ZJ rivet link.  Now I'm running into 2 problems:

1) I can't seem to find the ZJ for sale.  A web search shows a couple of hits on sites recommending the ZJ but no possitive ID of the type of link they are selling.

2) I purchased a Motion Pro tool that looks something like this:

and am worried it won't work with the ZJ link (they recommend thier own $150 tool, yikes!!)

So...any suggestions on a rivet link for the ZVM, where to buy and will the motion pro tool work??
Thanks!!!!!
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
DID ZVM chain...connect with chewing gum?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 09:58:03 PM »
I can't imagine why the MP tool wouldn't work. I used a RK chain tool to put my VM chain together and only when I couldn't find where I put the darn thing, I borrowed a MP tool set like your pic to put my ZVM's link together. Both of them came with rivet links, so I don't know what model # the rivet links were - and my bike and I are separated by almost half the world right now, so I can't go look for any markings.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)