Author Topic: Right turn signal wires  (Read 2255 times)

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
Right turn signal wires
« on: May 17, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »
Allright, I allready know that I am going to get hazed for asking this, but I have a 01 1200s that I bought with the front end looking like a bomb had gone off in the upper. I am tryin to wire my turn signals that I bought aftermarket (turning into a naked bike) and I can't find the wires for the right side blinker. (Yes I checked my fluid levels and accually changed the blinker fluid with synthetic becuase it gets a smoother blink and lasts longer) Do they come out the same place as the left hand wires from the giant loom? There is one pair of wires that has a small black rectangle connector and a brown and black wire which I donno where it goes (the left turn signal had the 3 wire setup) :crybaby: . I hooked up a volt meter to see if it might be what I need but it just always stays on. I have pulled out all the wires from being tucked inside and need a little clue as to where to look. Yeah, I feel like an ass for asking such a question, but I am so frustrated I decided to open myself up for public ridicule so that I can get it hooked up.
01 1200s

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
Right turn signal wires
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »
allrighty, well I had to dig into the loom, it looks like the wires got tore out when it was wrecked. I found where they were supposed to be and made new connections.
01 1200s

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
Right turn signal wires
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 01:50:59 AM »
This is normal.

I have a 2002 I bought new and the right 3rd wire was missing on mine also.