Author Topic: frame swap  (Read 2259 times)

Offline bokonon

• New user!
frame swap
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »
I have a twisted 2g 600 and I am going to swap into a 2g 1200 frame.  Would anyone be so kind as to post suggestions and/or instructions for doing a frame swap or direct me towards info.? (I'm not sure where to start or where to go from there...)
thanks!
Brian

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: frame swap
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:37:40 AM »

I have a twisted 2g 600 and I am going to swap into a 2g 1200 frame.  Would anyone be so kind as to post suggestions and/or instructions for doing a frame swap or direct me towards info.? (I'm not sure where to start or where to go from there...)
thanks!
Brian
  Brian, YES! I've stripped mine and rebuit it,take pictures and notes. Note where the wiring harness lays(pic).Put all nuts & bolts in marked zip lock bags. Some of the lock nuts should be replaced, I just cleaned,degreesed & Loc-tited them. Use painters tape on frame where it can get scratched up. Have boxes to put things in,and keep things in order. While its apart. some things can be sent for powder coating if desired. While the motor is out, its as easy as it gets for a valve adj. Do you have a service manual? I have a Haynes for the Bandit,a Suzuki sv for the SV. The Haynes manual took me step by step in easy to follow directions.
                         :beers: Dan