Author Topic: Front Fairing Flap  (Read 2770 times)

Offline BiG

• New user!
Front Fairing Flap
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:51:16 PM »
I was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences or not. Perhaps someone could tell me what this might be. I have a 2005 Bandit 1200s and when I bought it in September of last year it had some vibration through the fairing which seems normal for the B12. Recently I went on a long ride on some rough roads and I noticed that my fairing bounces up and down when I hit bumps now. I can grab it and lift it almost 2 inches. I checked all the bolts and they seem to be there and none of them are loose enough to turn by hand. The whole problem seems to stem from the two bolts that connect the fairing assembly to the steering tube, off the frame. The top bolt is giving, just enough to allow the whole thing to pivot on the bottom bolt. Could the top bolt be sheared off inside? It certainly doesn't seem loose. I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow to have them do a thorough inspection but I'm not a fan of the Factory Technician. I might have to fix it myself, if they can't. Any body have any idea!    :?:

Offline gearset01

• Board Homesteader!
Bouncy bouncy fairing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Hi PIN here, got the same bike, after about 1500 miles mine did the same thing. The bolt at the top center under the tree is surrounded by a rubber grommet. Not dence enough, I had the thing apart when I used the bolt for a ground wire. Heres what I did, I took 2 TY-Wraps about 1/4 wide and black cut them about 3 inches long keeping the head. Fold them in half and insert them between the grommet drum and the bracket and they snug it up nicely, and they stay put.   :beers:
PIN