Author Topic: getting bike dyno tuned tomarrow....  (Read 2431 times)

Offline MazdaRx

• TURBO TYPER!
getting bike dyno tuned tomarrow....
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »
Dropped my 2001 b6 off at the shop to get my factory pro jets installed and have it put on the Dyno and tuned.  I will post the results tomarrow night :)  !!  any guess on how much It will put out?  I have a D&D slip on also.  I am guessing around 80 hp all together?? maybe more??

Offline MazdaRx

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: getting bike dyno tuned tomarrow....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »
ahhh poo.  busted throttle cable.... wont be ready untill monday?  I guess they have to order that part

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »
Well, Suzuki rated the 2nd gen B6 at 77 HP, IIRC, but this would have been at the CRANK.

I believe a stock unit, with some miles on it would be in the range of 68-70 HP at the rear wheel. Jetted, with a pipe should result in about +5 HP on top, 3-5 in the mid-range, so I would expect something like 73-75 HP on the dyno.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline MazdaRx

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
the dyno before the jet was installed was at 72 peak hp, he did get that far, or atleast thats what he told me.  I am sure that weather/temp. and all that factor in.  He dyno's before the install and again after but once they installed the jet he found a freyed throttle cable and had to order one... now i hear it may be a week.  after the cable and the re-dyno i guess i will be at about 76 or 77 hp than.  I just turned 8000 miles.

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
roughly what price did are you paying for the whole thing to be done ?
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline MazdaRx

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 06:18:33 PM »
$240 dollars for the jet kit installed, the dyno tune and the throttle cable replaced.